Chapter 225. Candid Discussion

I'm currently debating whether it would be a good idea to crash at a Demon Noble's castle for around 4 days. Lord Byron hasn't broken eye contact with me as he awaited my answer.

" Is there something that would displease you about staying here, Marquess Drake?"

With a piercing glare, Lady Cindy spoke to me. Her eyes seemed to be filled with an emotion that I'm not sure I deserved currently. She was looking at me like I offended her somehow. It was unlike the look that the rest of the residents of Zana had looked at me with. It felt almost " personal" or something.

" Cin, it's a lot to take in. He has to think about a lot of different things."

Lord Byron turned and defended me from his sister's words. He then turned back to me and began to speak.

" Marquess Drake, I apologize for my sister's attitude. I'd also like to add that our staff will look after your horses and there will be rooms for your servants. Take all the time you need to figure out what you'd like to do, we can also find an unused house and clean it up for you if you'd like, but that will most likely take a a day or 2 to do."

Lord Byron was acting extremely accommodating to me for some reason. This made me somewhat curious about these siblings. Also, I wondered about their father.

" Lord Byron. Would you mind tossing Noble Titles aside and speaking candidly with me?"

" By all means, Marquess Drake."

His sister isn't taking my idea well.

" Lord Byron, I'm being serious. Tell me your real thoughts."

" Allow me!"

While Lord Byron seemed resistant to the idea, Lady Cindy seemed more than happy to. I'm actually thankful about this.

" My brother's been working himself ragged trying to run this town and make sure our father's party isn't a complete embarrassment and now you've arrived at our doorstep with such a problem that now we're even considering allowing a Human to stay in our ancestral home! Let alone the fact you never sent a message back saying that you were coming or how many people you'd bring! And yet you need time! To decide! if that's the right thing to do!? How dare you!"

" CIN! Marquess Drake! Please, she's not in her right mind!"

" Sarah! Anna! Calm down! She's not wrong to be angry! Listen to her words that aren't insulting me!"

I turned because I could sense that Sarah and Anna had reached their boiling points in terms of listening to people discriminate against me.

" Huh?"

In unison, Lord Byron and I seemed to be in the process of trying to calm down our respective family. We turned and said the same thing. This caused us to chuckle.

" Okay, let's talk candidly, Mr. Drake."

" Please, my father is Mr. Drake. Just call me Matthew for now, Byron."

Suddenly it seemed like a weight was lifted off of Byron's shoulders. It seems that I was right about this guy. He's going through the same stuff I did when I just began to manage Paradise. Only he didn't have Sarah and Anna to rely on and to help out. After we calmed down the 3 women in the room, we all sat down and began to talk. Granted Sarah, Anna and Lady Cindy were still in a somewhat bad mood, but Byron and I were able to speak now. So, I began with a simple question.

" Byron, how tired are you right now?"

" What's sleep, again?"

I hold my hand out and channel my mana.