Chapter 222. Meeting In The Middle Of Traffic

I forgot how annoying moving through a crowd could be especially in snow! Usually in Paradise, we were the center of attention whenever we would go out for something. Now though, it's a bunch of strong Demons all gathered around and creating a near impenetrable fence that keeps us from the kids. That was the case, until I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Sarah.

" My Love, allow me."

" Okay."

I shift and let Sarah go in front of me. I felt a hand connect to each of my own and notice that now Sarah, Anna and I were connected like we were playing a game of red rover. My thoughts were interrupted as I felt a wave of sinister mana breakout in front of me. I looked at the source only to see Sarah smiling calmly.

" Sarah, I don't think this was the best way to do this."

" But it is the quickest, My Love!"

The crowd split down the middle and opened a path directly towards the kids. We ran up to the kids. The crying of the little girl grew louder.

" Bobby!"

She seemed to be calling the boy's name. What the hell happened to him? his leg looks mangled. Ah, there's a trail of blood from where there's carriage tracks shaped into the soil. They must've been playing, and the boy tried to take a shortcut under a carriage. Regardless, the kid isn't looking too good. His femur seems to be sticking out of his thigh, the blood is pooling around that area the most. I should be able to fix that pretty easily. With those thoughts in my mind, I prepared a Holy Heal for him.

" A Human!?"

A voice that had clear disgust in it caused the mob to quiet down and focus on me with utter disgust directed at me with their eyes. I had more important things to worry about at the moment than if the crowd would try to hurt me... Besides, even if they did, I had 2 women who're already pissed that someone said that while I was trying to heal a... If not dying kid, then certainly a newly crippled one.

" A Human!?"

The little girl noticed me as I walked closer to her and the boy she was crying over. She jumped in between the boy and me in order to protect the boy. He must mean a lot to her. She looked at me as if she were prepared to die. I thought it was a bit much for a child to have to go from crying to thinking she might die so I began to speak calmly and softly to her.

" Relax, I'm a Marquess of Diablos, King Warrick himself awarded me the title of Marquess. I'm only casting the same spell I used on him to heal him. I promise, no harm will come to your friend there."

My words seemed to reach the girl. Also, Sarah and Anna walking behind me while eerily watching the crowd seemed to help out.

" P-Princess..."

 The girl took one look at Sarah and muttered her old status before she married me. Seems Sarah's presence gave her some peace of mind and she calmed down. I reached the side of the boy whose blood seemed to have clotted, and I cast the spell.

" Holy Heal."

The girl heard my words, and she looked on in amazement as the spell sunk into the boy like a sponge with water. The boy's mangled legs returned to normal, his shallow breathing became deep breaths of restful sleep.

" His... His legs..."

The girl started to cry again as she placed her hands on the boy's left hand as she still laid down. Suddenly the boy's eyes shot open. They were a light orange color, like the tips of a campfire. Now that I look at him, his hair matched his eye color. The girl on the other hand had pink hair and gray eyes. I wonder who these kids are? I mean, they're definitely Demons, they had 3 ears each, the boy one extra on his right side and the girl on her left. And they were only a little shorter than Wendy and Ellie. Or in another words, they came up to my chest already if I were to compare them to me. Not just that, but they're clothes. They're definitely Noble children.