Chapter 195. Married Night Talks

" So, what happened, My Love?"

" Yes, Darling. We could tell it was bothering you the entire rest of the day. Telling us might help you feel better."

Sarah and Anna spoke to me as soon as Janet left after bringing us to our bedroom for the night. As we were all fresh out of the bath, we had opened up the windows slightly to allow some of the night wind in to offset some of the hot tea we had to drink before we went to bed. Unfortunately, we couldn't truly do what we wanted since we've currently gained 3 guests who're incapable of leaving for the time being. Form what I understand, Delcan and Charlotte's houses will be complete and ready to be used at the end of the week and it will take a few more days after they leave for Princess Alice to have a house to use as she stays here. Sarah and Anna were sitting at my sides as they began to ask me what has had me spooked for the day. My thoughts began to circle back to that nightmare. It felt so real. The fear of looking at that living shadow... I could still feel it like I was truly fighting him. I could almost feel that metal lance piercing through my chest still.

" Well, when I was sleeping from Mana Exhaustion, I had this... Nightmare, I guess."

" A nightmare has you spooked? What was it about, Darling?"

" I just... It's hard to explain... It didn't feel like a dream. That's the only way I can really describe the feeling. It was like I wasn't just viewing it like a dream, it was more like.... Like..."

" A memory?"

Sarah looked for a word to help me explain it.

" Yes, it was almost like I was viewing a memory. But it wasn't from my life. It was a battlefield. I think the battle was between Paladins and... Something evil."

" Evil?"

" It's the only way I can describe it. Hang on. I'll take you through it. The dream."

I recounted everything I knew from the dream. From the red moon to the mountains of corpses, the mud made from dirt and gallons of blood that began to consume the bodies on the battlefield. The sounds of metal clashing with metal and then the scene of Paladins fighting those shadow monsters as well as armored foes. And then I told them about my own encounter with the live shadow and the other Paladin and how I think I died at the end.

" I've never heard of a moon going red, but I do know there are stories from the Royal Diablos Library that speaks of Paladins being at war in the past. But the texts are old and damaged, whole pages are missing. Maybe you saw one of those battles from the wars lost to time?"

" That must be it, Sarah."

Sarah tried to offer some explanation for what I've seen.

" I can try and speak to the Goddesses and see if they know anything, Darling."

" That would be great, Anna, maybe I should look into it with Angela as well."

Anna seemed to think of asking the Goddesses she's contracted to. I thought I should do the same. I had a nagging feeling that I wouldn't get an answer to any of my questions though. My mind thought back on the Appraisal Orbs being glitched and having unreadable text. It's almost like it was hiding something. As I thought about these things, I felt a tighter squeeze on my right hand.

" Sarah?"

Sarah had a troubled look on her face. I couldn't help but ask what was wrong.

" It's just that I can't really help you. All of my plans to support you are slow moving, I can't offer you physical comfort because I didn't plan on people having to stay with us... Though I don't truly mind them hearing our noises. I just wish I could do more than just offer words to comfort you. It's so vexing!"