Chapter 229. Entrance To The Party

The carriage carrying us eventually stopped, our doors were opened by Brick and Heather. With their assistance, we all exited the carriage and took a moment to look at the entire structure we were going to spend the rest of our night in. It seemed to be built in a similar structure to a movie theater in my world. Instead of there being a screen and ascending seats, there was a tree in the center of the structure.

" Wow!"

" Yeah, I've heard about tree's being different colors but to actually glow in the night is something special."

While the tree itself wasn't gigantic, the radiant blue color from the tree was amazing to see. At least, Wendy and Ellie agreed with me. It was like a giant chandelier that illuminated not just the building that was obviously built around it, but quite a bit of the area around it. I mean, we had to travel out of the city to make it here, so it was a bit surprising when the orange light of the setting sun was replaced by a blue light from the tree. After admiring it for a brief moment, I thought it was time to make our entrance to the party.

" Shall we?"

With my words, Sarah and Anna moved their arms and interlocked them with mine before I could even ask if they wanted to. They seemed to have a look in their eyes that says, " this is our place only!".

" Ah, this really is the best place to be."

" Yes, Sarah. It just feels right."

Seems I can read minds now. Must be a new ability for my High Paladin Job.

" We'd never allow Mortals an ability like that!"

" I was kidding, Angela."

Angela decided to make her presence known again. With my sarcasm cleared up, we entered the building with bits of small talk between the girls brightening up the already well-lit grey stone hallway that led into the center, where the tree's branches were perfectly looked after so the night sky was visible, a full moon and the stars shone brightly in the sky. Time almost stood still as Sarah, Anna and I just enjoyed the view and felt each other's warmth as the chill of the night sky could still be felt even with the combination of torch light and magical tool light filled the room.

" A Human?"

" He's the Marquess."

" That's Princess Sarah?"

" Even Bestia's Princess is near him as well."

" Are we sure he can't hypnotize anyone?"

Chatter filled the hall as we all came back down to Gaia after looking at the sky. What I saw personally was a bunch of tables and chairs all strung around a grass field. Of course, in the seats were numerous Demons. Apparently, they're tailgating if all of the liquor on their tables is anything to go by.

" Are we late, Sarah? Anna?"

" No, we're 30 minutes early, My Love. It seems to be a bigger affair than I thought. Though, I suppose the traffic to get into here the other day did give a hint at just how massive the guest list was."

" I've looked at the records concerning the parties that are usually held here in Zana, Darling. This amount of people... I don't think it's ever been this high before. Why would they do this? I doubt there's enough room and board for all of these people."

Sarah and Anna were as perplexed as I was as we looked at the crowd looking back at us. I felt a hand on my shoulder and then a voice whispered to us so the crowd couldn't hear us.

" Regardless, you're the most powerful man at this party, you belong here. You need to act like it. Now is the time to show your Nobility as a Marquess. Otherwise, they'll always look at you like that."