Chapter 203. A Letter Arrived In Alfheim

Eve Minerva's Point Of View

" I think that does it for today. Both of you remember to practice your form. Even after 3 months, you both get swept off of your feet too easily by simple techniques. Eve, make sure to mind your surroundings when fighting, your ability to recognize immediate danger is great, but you lack awareness of your surroundings. Tomorrow we'll be working on strengthening your senses with some guerilla warfare simulations. Shane. You'll be having an ironman tomorrow, unlike Eve, you need to gain a repertoire of experience with multiple fighting styles. So, eat well and sleep well because tomorrow will be the most tiring day yet."

Uncle Cain has been training my younger brother Shane and myself for 3 months. I'd like to say we've spent the last 3 months training with Uncle Cain, but in actuality he's just had us do kata and conditioning for the past 3 months! Honestly the anger in me began to boil during all of the running I had to do in the 2nd week! It took another 4 weeks until I realized why he had made Shane and I do all of this together. It was so I could teach Shane what I'd come to know during the battles I've fought. Once I understood that, the time passed by relatively quickly. By the time I had finished Shane had flawless kata, just like I had at the start. He went from being unable to finish the route that Uncle Cane laid out for us to run, to now making it to the finish line even with all the huffing and puffing and dropping to his hands and knees when he did finish the run. In time, Uncle Cane came back to us. And his words were interesting to me.

" Ah, good, you've both managed to clear the bare minimum. I'm glad you've worked together as siblings to reach the starting line. I've cleared the emergency work that had come up with the military, so now I'll be able to focus on you 2. For now, we'll start with both of you sparring me in a few matches. I want to get a feel for what you both can improve."

And that's what led us to now. Uncle and I were able to clash our blades together for a bit, but once he started to use his magic, I wasn't able to properly defend so I lost. Shane was beaten in only a few sword swings. After we were finished, Uncle took a moment and then gave us our instructions. I wonder how I'll fare against my Uncle's version of guerilla warfare?

" General Cane! I'm Officer Kenny! I've been instructed to inform you that your brother, His Highness, King Maximus, had asked for you to visit him today!"

" Is that so? Hm..."

Uncle Cane began to think hard about something. If I had to guess it was how to skip the meeting. From what I understand, over the past few months, my Father has been asking for more and more provisions from the farming community of Alfheim. With that, many complaints have been lobbied at the military who had to find a way to carry these demands out. All of that paperwork from the complaints were sent to my Uncle's desk. This anger from the farmers and their unions have caused my Uncle and Father to argue quite frequently. To the point now that my Uncle has almost made it a game to see how he could avoid meeting my Father as it would just cause an argument to spark between them.

" I should add, General Cane. King Maximus has specifically asked for your presence, it appears that this matter is of the upmost importance."

" Really? Ha..."

My Uncle sighed after the young officer spoke. With the eyes of the officer full of reverence for my Uncle, it seems that he had in some way swayed my Uncle's decision. Well, that's a shame for my Uncle. Good thing I can enjoy the rest of my day! I wonder what Daisy has had the cooks make me for my post-training meal?

" Eve, Shane! Come and join me, we're going to see your Father together! Refusal isn't allowed!"

" Yes Sir! Uncle!"