Chapter 216. Sarah's Testing And Mary's Answers

Sarah Ericsson's Point Of View

" Welcome home. How did it go?"

My Love welcomed Anna and I home... Well, I guess he's also technically welcoming Anna, Ruby and Alice as well. He seems anxious about something. If I had to guess it would have to do with our new resident cow woman who he woke up naked next to him today. Anna and I plan on having him make up for that this evening.

" How was your time with Prince Delcan, My Love?"

" Oh, it was fine, we came here, I had some cheesecake and then I ended up tempering my mana and meditating for my Summoner Class."

" That's great."

I was happy to hear that he made some progress, the truth of the matter is he's actually been slacking off on his meditating for his Summoner Class. Not because of laziness mind you, no one could ever call My Love lazy, but it's simply from a lack of time. From his work as a Lord and a Businessman to training with all of us in Ruby's Martial Arts class. There just hasn't been any real time to invest in his Magical abilities. Maybe this was the silver lining for today. While Ruby's date with My Love went smoothly. The only hiccup being Ruby now has begun looking for moments to pet John whenever she finds a moment to. While Anna and I don't particularly mind this as we knew Ruby and Anna would develop stronger feelings after spending a day with him, but with the fact that Alice is around and seems to not hold a high opinion of John yet along with the staff being able to see us and being able to tell others about what they " see" but not what actually caused it to happen... Anna and I need to stress that they need to learn when it's an appropriate time to show physical affection! Regardless of all of that, I need to answer My Love's question.

" As for Mary and what we'll be doing moving forward, well. I guess we should let her explain."

I moved to the side and let Mary walk in front of me. After having such a long conversation and putting out so many instructions to everyone, frankly, I'd like to take a break from speaking for a few minutes, perhaps that's why I'm thinking so much?

" Mary? Why are you here?"

" Oh my, Young Lord! There's no reason to be so surprised! After all, where would you have me stay with no home currently?"

" No, Mary it's not that... It's just since you're a mother... I thought you'd want to stay with your children."

" Of course I do, Young Lord. But, since I now have a Human body, I can't just stay in one of the barns you've made, I'd get sick. And if I were to transform into my new monster form, I'd be unable to fit in the barn."

" Wait, you have a new form?"

My Love seemed surprised at Mary's new information.

" Why of course I can, wouldn't it be strange for a monster to knowingly weaken itself? The Varus Cow path has 2 forms for a monster to have. A Human form, granted we still have our ears, as you can see."

Mary wiggled her animal ears that were hard to see with her long grey hair, but she stood them up and made them visible to John. Ah, My Love wants to touch them. He's fighting the urge... So cute...

" It's okay, Young Lord. You can touch them if you want."

" Really?"

" Of course, Young Lord. You've touched them before already. To be honest, I quite like the way you pet me, even Molly and Meera go on and on about how your hands are the best they've ever felt. You've really stolen my daughter's hearts, Young Lord. Fufufu."