Chapter 211. Ruby's Reward 3

" Hyah..."

After we finished eating, Matthew began to yawn. With the cool breeze coming in now and the leaves of this newly created tree, I think this is the perfect place to take a nap. Which this is perfect, since I wanted him to rest today anyways. I mean, the walk here was mostly relaxing, and we saw all of the flowers and even some of the small animals running around in the brush. It seemed to put him in a good mood. Now that he's ready to nap, it's time to break out the special move that Sarah and Anna said I should use.

" Here, Matthew, place your head here!"

" Ruby?"

I gestured to him to lay his head on my lap.

" I don't think its appro-"

" I've already cleared this matter with Sarah and Anna! There's no issue in using my lap as a pillow.

" But still, you're an unmarried wom-"

" This is part of my request! You have no room to argue."

"..."

He was silenced with my words. Even with that, he still tried to think of some way to not have to do it. I've had enough waiting however.

" R-Ruby!"

" Today is just a relaxing day for both of us. So, today, you're not my employer or the Lord of Paradise, you're just Matthew and I'm just Ruby, so just lie down and accept the lap pillow."

" S-So you do know what this is?"

His face lit up similar to mine earlier.

" So, forcing an indirect kiss on me is fine, but forcing you to sleep on my lap is bad?"

" Huh? Y-You were choking though?"

" I have cups, see?"

I pointed to the basic where I had placed the 4 cups I had placed in the basket where we could both see them.

" But... You never..."

" You never asked, now, please, just relax and take a nap. This is part of my request, so follow it."

Matthew sighed, but he did as I asked. Now with him here, I can do something I've been wanting to do for months.

" Ruby?"

" It's to help you relax. Now close your eyes."

I started to pet his head; his hair feels just like I thought it would. Its soft and warm. I've been wanting to do something like this since I began teaching him martial arts. Every time I would praise him, he'd always make a beaming smile as I did. Under the watchful eyes of the other girls, I couldn't do it though, it was so hard to hold back. But now, I can finally get it out of my system. After a few minutes of petting his head, I heard his breathing begin to deepen.

"...."

He's asleep now. It was voted by our alliance that we, the ones who weren't married to him yet, weren't allowed to go past basic things like petting him and lap pillows. But... Just touching his cheeks should be fine right? I poke his cheek; his breathing remains normal. This is... Fantastic! Sarah and Anna get to do this every day? I'm so jealous!

" Ehm..."

Oh, seems I touched his cheek a little too much, he almost woke up. I need to be careful; this is my reward at the end of the day I need to enjoy it for all it's worth. Once he returned to normal and I was only petting his head I looked at Paradise from here again. Even going over how it was in the past before Matther, Sarah and Anna arrived, I don't think it does its justice though. To really see my town, the place I grew up in to go from so barren to so... Lively, I don't think words can do it justice. From the youngest people in the town being Flare and Edmon to now there's enough kids that an actual school is being built for them to learn... All of this change... Coming from someone who's head and body is so small. I looked down at Matthew again.