Chapter 241. A Punishment Arrives

John Ericcson's Point Of View

The time spent chatting with other guests was somewhat vexing in a way, since it felt like I was simply a roadblock to them speaking to Sarah. While Sarah appeared to be relaxed and lighthearted, I could tell that she was beginning to anger from everyone's nonchalant attitude when either ignoring me or specifying that question was for her. Anna wasn't faring much better, instead of the Barons approaching her, she was being spoken to by numerous women from the Knight houses. If I had to guess it was regarding questions about how a " commoner" like her, ended up marrying a High Noble. While I paid close attention to the men around us for a while, I could see that most were married and ended up coming over here due to the questions that their wives had for my wives. Time passed, Eventually Count Sark, Count Tye and Count Gorse joined me for conversation. It was all mostly small talk and questions about ice cream. Before long the night finally ended, and our group left in our carriage. However, on the way back, we were joined by a guest.

" And that's where the public addresses are usually given by my Father!"

Lady Cindy began pointing out notable spots on the way back to the mansion to us. Granted, we visited these places on our 2nd day here, but it was only a very brief " this place looks interesting!", on our way to the petting zoos as Wendy and Ellie badly wanted to see the animals. Now we're being regaled with story after story about shops and locations that only a local would know. It made the travel back to the castle quite lively; Wendy and Ellie were completely enraptured by Lady Cindy's words. It seems that she has better public speaking skills than I do. Finally, we all had made it back to the castle in one piece. While we were unloading from the carriage, I noticed that the moons here in Gaia had both become full. Both shone bright in the sky as we made our way inside the mansion. It seems we made it back before Byron and his father. There were maids who took away Lady Cindy from us and then we followed suit and left to our rooms.

/Click./

The sound of the door had closed behind me. Now only Sarah and Anna were with me.

" Today was somewhat tiring."

Anna was the first to speak. It was an opinion I shared, the only thing that was better than the fact that the day was finally done, was the fact that my business was now officially started. Now that we had finished that, the next part was receiving the orders from customers tomorrow. I'd also need to prepare to receive the complaints from the surrounding Nobles who gave us welfare rations in Paradise for the past few months. Well, that and as I'm sure the truth of what we've been doing in Paradise will spread, so the Nobles who were running the government programs that also delivered food to us will no doubt feel some kind of way. Thankfully that will be a problem to worry about in the future. I should only be focusing on the immediate future for now.

" While it was, it wasn't all bad. We've finally taken the next step for Roseland Products and the milk products that, Our Love has worked so hard to make possible. Judging from the reactions of the children and women specifically, I suspect tomorrow will be quite busy as well."

" Yes, remind me again, what dishes do we need to prepare tomorrow. You know, when we do that " free sampling" you talked about, Darling?"

" I thought it'd be easiest to make cheeseburgers and pasta. It's a combination of fast cooking with the burgers and cheating with the tomato sauce that we have in Sarah's Mana Storage. Again, are you sure you can handle it Sarah, Anna?"

" Of course, It's not every day you ask me for something regarding your business, Darling! I'm more than happy to cook! Well, that's a half truth, I'd prefer only cooking for you and Sarah, but this is for our future family, so I'll bear with it this time. I mean, this time, I feel like I can finally contribute something besides catching the cattle all those months ago. Also, Sarah will be my sous-chef tomorrow, so it should be okay."