Chapter 233. Drunk Counts

" It seems Uncle Phil really trusts you, Marquess Drake."

" Yeah, all I was speak honestly. Right, Max?"

" Yeah! He even let us have some of the ic-"

" Max, we're keeping that a secret for now."

" Ah! Oh right! Sorry!"

Max's confused face morphed into one of understanding as I placed my finger to my mouth. While I could tell Gwaid what I was doing, I felt it better to keep it a secret for now.

" What? What is it?"

Gwaid was curious about my behavior.

" It's a surprise for tonight. I don't want to ruin the surprise, so you'll just need to wait and see."

" Wait and see what, Marquess Drake?"

A voice came from behind me, but it was a voice I had just heard recently.

" We were talking about later tonight, Count Gorse. We were wondering when the food would be served. I don't know about you, but from the morning, my wives and I were looking for the correct outfits. Of course, I was simply a passenger in that activity, but as a consequence, we didn't eat anything since breakfast."

" Ah! I know that feeling, Kina loved to find the right outfit before our outings. In fact, she still does. Only now she's even taken up tailoring as a hobby, so she makes our outfits. Here, can you see her insignia on the sleeve?"

Before Count Gorse could respond, Count Sark took charge of the conversation and then gestured to his arm. I looked at the spot where he was pointing to and there, I saw it, plain as day... Or in this case... Night? Anyways, the sleeve on Count Sark's arm read " Kina Sark Original". The embroidery on the suit was nice as well, it looked like something done by a professional.

" It's... Nice... Like professional nice."

" Of course! My Wife is a stickler for details. Honestly, I'm surprised that it took her so long to try her hand at tailoring. It's the perfect hobby for her. She could easily make a business out of it for herself, but so far, she just wants to share with friends and family. We even go shopping together to find exotic kinds of fabric she'd like to use in her work whenever we head to the bigger cities."

Count Sark began to gush about his wife now. Seems he's the type of drunk that has wild mood swings.

" Just like my wife, Phil. Diana ended up taking up painting as a hobby. We've spent many a day looking for rare paint colors in the bigger cities. The only real downside to her art is that she doesn't want to show it to others. I've told her she should hold an exhibit, but she says it's too embarrassing."

" I see. Well, some creative types tend to be extremely insecure in their work. I've known of some who's work became well known only after their deaths. It's a sad thing when genius can't be appreciated when they should be."

I offered some kind of support to Count Gorse. I used some of my knowledge from back in my world. I'm reminded of a few painters and writers who died poor and unappreciated only to have their works celebrated later in history and to the present day.

" My mom could probably use hearing your words. They might help her gain some confidence."

" You sound like you like your mother's work, Gwaid."

Gwaid nodded his head to my question. Seems both of the Gorse boys like Lady Diana's painting.

" Ah, the married people started up again. Marquess Drake, be careful, once they start, they tend to not end for a long time."