Chapter 217. Untethered Sheets

Victor Harvey's Point Of View

 Where am I? What was I doing? Pops wanted me to collect the sheets... What happened? %$#$^%^$##... 

" AHH!"

My head! When I try to think about what happened. What are these flashes? Whose eyes are those!? Where am I?

.

.

.

.

It's nighttime... It was the afternoon before...

"AH!"

Again! My head! Why!? Now that I get a look around... It's the northeast hallway.

/Tap...Tap...Tap.../

What's that sound? I look around... I guess it's better to go towards the tapping than just stand here wondering. I start walking and try my best not to wonder why I'm here currently. Once I've made it closer to the tapping, another noise begins to fill my ears. It's a humming... It's sound is familiar to me. Who is it? Why do I know it? &*^%&^%$%! Again, my head!!! I quickly approach the door and go to enter the room where the sound is coming from. I hope it brings release to this splitting pain.

/Rattle!/

I turn the knob and enter the room. It's a bedroom... I remember this place.... It's where Lady Fracks would stay when she and the Master would have a disagreement...

" Mother... sniff..."

Lady... Cindy? She's crying... Her grey eyes which poked out of her unkempt dark blue hair had tears falling from them onto her nightgown that covered her slim body. If not for the sadness I know she's feeling from the loss of her Mother, you would swear this was a scene that was made by a master painter. Why is Lady Cindy here though? She should be at the Acadamy *&^*&%&^$%&!

" AHH!"

" Who's there!?"

Lady Cindy heard my yell. I try to talk, but someone talks before I can let my voice out.

" It's me Cin. What are you doi... You're crying? Why!? Are you okay?"

Young Master Byron walked right past me, like I wasn't even there. The pain was still radiating in my mind.

" Big Brother... I... I just miss Mom."

" I miss her to Cin."

The Young Master and Lady Cindy seemed to share a moment together as the pain receded from my mind.

" All we can do is live Cin. She still lives through us. I'm doing everything I can to honor her wish to make Zana a better place. I can't do it alone though. Father's basically broken down since Mother... Left us. I can't do it all alone though. I need you to be strong now Cin. Together as her children I know we can do right by Mother."

Young Master Byron helped Lady Cindy to her feet.

" I know Big Brother. But I can't help but miss her. If she were here, she'd weep at the sight of what's become of Zana and our home."

" I know Cin. I've been so focused on making sure that Zana stays standing that I neglected its upkeep. I mean, so many people from our staff have resigned. Whenever I ask Peter about it, he says that they all found greener pastures in Trapda or Skion. I need to find a way to make people want to move here or stay here. Life as a Lord is difficult."

" Have you heard about Paradise?"

" Yes, where the Human and Princess Sarah moved to. I believe Father sent an invitation for them to join us for his birthday celebration. I wonder if we'll actually be able to feed all of the guests that have been invited."