Chapter 183. Goodbyes and First Meetings

John Ericsson's Point Of View

" Relax, Darling. It's all over now, we can only move forward now."

" I know, Anna. It's just... A lot."

Anna tried to comfort me with her words and by rubbing my back as I rubbed my temples to try and make the stress headache I was having go away. Sarah, Anna, our guards and I were currently in the processing building for entering Darkheim. The causes of my headache were currently wishing their parents goodbye before leaving with us and our guards.

" My Love, what's done is done, you need to relax, Paradise will accept her with our approval."

" That's not the cause of my headache, Sarah. It's the complications that are going to arrive from this all."

To be honest with myself, I really didn't want to bring Princess Charlotte back to Paradise with us but seeing as I had to agree last night, considering the situation, I was stuck between a rock and a hard place. To turn her down and have that come out to the public, which would've happened since the guards and maids were watching with intent. And our sparring match caused that big of a stir with a huge stadium filled with people. Or, I accept her and have to deal with the problems that come. With Sarah and Anna also wanting her to work for us. I agreed. After I agreed, the family seemed happy, I suppose that was a good thing. It was on my way back to our room that night that the hypothetical future scenarios started playing in my head. I know that my people can be trusted, but what about when others visit, like that Dartz guy from a few weeks ago? Since the Dark Elves are a very solitary people the chances of anyone knowing what Princess Charlotte looks like are slim, but not an absolute 0. My head is hurting from all the security measures I'm going to have to implement if I want to make sure she's safe. From either Demons or Elves. Let alone if any Elf tried to sneak into Paradise like the ones that were tracking the Humans. That could be the absolute worst outcome. That summit can't come soon enough.

" What's wrong with Marquess Matthew?"

I hear the 2nd cause of my headache approaching us.

" My husband didn't sleep too well last night, Prince Delcan."

" What a shame, a well-rested body is needed to start a journey."

Ah, to be free of any decisions that affect people's lives! How I miss last year! Sarah and Anna were rubbing my back in an attempt to soothe me. I can't speak to if rubbing my back was really the correct method to help with a headache, but it did offer me some form of comfort. Let alone all the issues I'll be having with Princess Charlotte; I now have to worry about this guy! He just decided to come with us to visit Paradise. With the expectant look on his and his parent's faces... I ended up nodding my head as I felt something crack in my head. That's when the headache started. I was able to hold back until they were out of sight.

" Oh dear! Should we bring a doctor to see to him?"

Queen Crystal offered to bring a doctor. I would usually be appreciative of something like that, but to be honest, she's the main cause of all of this! Had I known the family saw an economic opportunity when it came to my ice cream, I would've happily hashed out a deal the first night we were here. Thankfully, they were pretty fair with the terms of the business deal even though I was technically at their mercy. It was almost like the business deal was of secondary concern to them.

" I appreciate the thought, Queen Crystal, but it's just from how bright the sun is and my lack of sleep last night. I think the best thing we can do is to begin our journey back. Being home, I feel would be the best medicine for me."