Chapter 234. Countesses And Their Daughters' Curiosity

Sarah Ericsson's Point Of View

My Love drifted away from us women so we could talk without restraint. Of course, I'd prefer if he would stay, but he seems to grow shyer when we discuss certain topics. However, this time was due to the older women here. Anna and I have noticed that John tends to bend to the whims of women who're in their 40s or older. We figure this must come from feelings regarding his Mother and that pest's.... Laura's mother. It seems that even the Countesses fall into that category for him. Right now, Anna and I were recounting our experience falling for him. My story was quite quick. Since it'd be hard to explain the workings of Holy Heal and explaining how I witnessed his dreams and emotions, which in turn affected me and caused my love for him to grow from there. I simply reiterated some of the story that could be understood.

" Well, after he had healed me, I awoke to find him watching over me with a gentle look in his eyes. From there, we were attacked by a traitor. Even though we didn't know each other, and he had no idea how to protect himself, he jumped in front of me to protect me. As a Princess of Diablos, I couldn't simply allow my savior to die, so I protected him and fought the attacker off. We had our first conversation after that. Even though he could've died, his first words were full of thanks that I protected him. Then he smiled at me. From that moment, I began to plan our wedding. From what he had done and what I knew he was going to do. I knew I could force our marriage into the rewards he would receive. After all, a Woman of Diablos must capture her man anyway she can! It's the only way we can love! After that, in only around 4 months after that, we were married, along with Anna of course."

I looked towards Anna so that she could begin to give her own story of how she fell for John. I looked for him in the crowd and found him speaking to the Counts that introduced themselves to us earlier. Even though Count Sark seems to be an ally to us now, Count Gorse needs some work. His rude behavior towards John is something I won't be willing to forgive anytime soon. And that fool Tye. Had John not stepped in, his teeth would be on the floor by now. Maybe more than that? But John doesn't want to cause a scene tonight. This party is an important step for that. Anna and I both understand that, but the circumstances and environment seem to wish for us to snap. As I can't particularly do anything for him as we're separated for now, I suppose we can only make friendly conversation with the Countesses for now. I decided to pay attention to Anna's story for now, since it would do well to join in on the conversation instead of fully watching over John. Since I can see our guardsmen doing just that, I can relax for now.

" Well, I knew I felt something different for my Darling soon after meeting him. The change from just a feeling to more romantic feelings came from a conversation we had. While I don't feel comfortable sharing the conversation here, what I will say is that he made me feel heard for the first time in my life. It didn't take long before I realized I was in love. I felt so guilty about my feelings for the longest time.

" You felt guilty, Lady Anna? Why?"

Tana spoke to Anna as she seemed confused by her words. I guess the idea of us being John's wives has already been firmly established in her mind, the idea that Anna at first was to only be his maid is something that she doesn't even seem to think is possible.

" Well, Tana. At first, I was only supposed to be My Husband's exclusive maid. Queen Aqua asked that of me."

" But then you fell in love with each other?"

" Not quite, Tana. You see..."

Anna looked at me for a moment. It seems that our history is passing through her mind. I smiled at Anna to show that I was okay with her sharing the story of how I gave permission. It seems that I didn't need to say it telepathically. That was one of the best things to come from the almost 2 years of being sister wives. Anna and I have become important people in each other's lives. It only makes sense seeing as we're both wives to John, we live with each other, we plan with each other and most importantly, we actually enjoy spending time with each other. Anna has gone from someone I thought would only be involved with me when it came to John, to being one of the greatest friends of my life.