Chapter 228. Leaving For The Party

The day went by relatively smoothly, except for, of course, the outfit presentations. The fashion show my wives put on for me was something even supermodels could only dream of. If I hadn't known about Sarah's Mana Storage, the question of where all of these unique dresses came from would haunt me for the rest of the day. Eventually, we decided on an all-black outfit for me, a Dark purple dress for Sarah and A matching dark green dress for Anna that showed off their shoulders and the napes of their necks. When I asked if they were comfortable wearing their dresses, they smiled and spoke.

" Since it'll be a little cold, these dresses will do fine, they're of a thicker fabric type and besides, My Love..."

" These dresses are the ones that made your heart race the most when we showed you them, Darling, Fufufu."

With that, my wives had made their minds up. After we had all changed into our outfits for the party, we entered the welcoming hall and waited for Princess Alice to arrive in her dress, since my wives and I had each other to help with the dress assembling, Wendy and Ellie went to work together with Princess Alice to make sure she was ready. I assume she also helped the girls out as well, seeing as they're both wearing very pretty bracelets and necklaces with very clear jewels that looked like diamonds with their dresses. Wendy was in a turquoise dress that complimented her brown hair and eyes. Ellie was in a lilac dress that complimented her light blue skin tone as well as her light pink eyes and hair. Then finally there was Princess Alice. She walked down the steps with the dignity of a Princess who'd attended a hundred parties. She was in a stunning white dress that made her piercing red eyes shine like rubies as the lights from the magical tools hit them. The white dress also brought contrast to her earthy brown hair. Once all 3 of them had reached the final step, Princess Alice was the first to speak.

" I apologize for the wait. We had to find matching jewels for Ellie and Wendy."

  " Matthew! Look! Look! Isn't it pretty!? Look at the way the light hits it!"

Princess Alice tried to explain why we had to wait, Sarah, Anna and I didn't really mind since we spent the time flirting, but Princess Alice's explanation was quickly overridden by Ellie waving her wrist in my face to show me the bracelet's jewels sparkling. I cracked a smile and started to speak.

" Don't worry, Princess Alice, I'm just glad you're coming."

Princess Alice relaxed herself after my words. Things are still a little awkward between us, but things are getting easier. She seemed to breathe a sigh of relief at my words. I then moved my eyes towards the girl waving her bracelet in my face.

" Ellie, you look great, the light from the bracelet is going to bounce off of your eyes and make them sparkle. It'll look great with the dress you're wearing."

I pat Ellie's head, so I didn't mess up her freshly done hair. She seemed quite happy about that, I tried to ignore the fact that my wives were pouting when I pat Ellie's head. I then turned to the somewhat pensive Wendy.

" Wendy, the contrast of your dress makes your hair and eye color standout. With the necklace and bracelet, it'll make your eyes and hair pop during the night. You both look great. I bet you'll be the prettiest maids there!"

Wendy and Ellie appreciated my compliments. Ellie was extremely happy, Wendy seemed to gain some confidence in herself. I made sure to explain to Wendy that if any Demons tried to do anything to her during the party that she was to find either Sarah, Anna, Princess Alice or me immediately so we can help her. At the end of the day, the highest-ranking Nobility that'll be at this party are Sarah, Princess Alice, me and then Anna. If we have to, we can use our authority as either, Marquess or Royality to settle down any Demon that would attempt something. I assume that the Fracks family and the Sark family should be fine, but the Count Families of Tye and Gorse are still wild cards. That's not even mentioning the 20 or so Baron families that should be arriving as well. Hopefully it's all controlled and relaxed, for Lord Byron's sake. But alcohol is also a factor. Just from the banquets and parties I've been a part of, I observed that Demons enjoy getting sloshed. Sarah and Anna seem to enjoy a glass of wine here or there, but in general their preferred method of partying is enjoying the food. I suspected at first that they just wanted to be good wives to me for the first few months, but even now in Paradise, they only really drink a glass or 2 during the parties we've had.

" My Love, you've forgotten something."

" Huh?"

Sarah nudged me and said I forgot something. I looked at Anna and then she pointed to Princess Alice. Princess Alice was standing there awkwardly.... She was glancing at me... Why? Forget about why, it'll just end up taking more time away from me. I guess I'll just answer honestly.

" Princess Alice, sorry, I thought you might not want to hear the observations of a married man. If you would lend me an ear however, I think your white dress compliments your eyes most of all. Your eyes are shining like high quality gems with the way the light refracts from your choice of jewelry, it leaves only one word in my head when I see it. Stunning."

I waited to hear Princess Alice's response, but she just seemed to be frozen. I looked at Sarah to see if I did something wrong, she just winked at me.

" So, now we can get ready to leave, I believe that our guards have already completed the preparations to leave. We just need to exit the door. Does everyone have everything they'll need? No? Good! Let's go, My Love!"

Sarah interlinked her arm with mine, Anna copied Sarah's movements perfectly. I looked to Sarah again and gestured to our currently frozen guest Princess.

" Relax, My Love. She's just surprised, the best you can do now is just give her some time."

" This is just payback for how she interrupted us before we left for Zana, Dalring. I heard her planning this when we were changing into our dresses earlier."

Anna whispered to me after Sarah said to just give Princess Alice some time. After that, they basically dragged me away from an un-responsive Alice as Ellie and Wendy worked to bring her back down to Gaia. Ellie and Wendy more or less did the same as Sarah and Anna, only they were with Princess Alice.

" Lord Matthew! We've prepared the carriage for travel!"

Flare, with sparkling eyes greeted us. Flare had dressed herself up as well for tonight as she's 1 of the 4 guards assigned to our group for the party. The other 3 being Heather, Valorie and Brick. Valorie being one of the female guards that had been stuck on carriage and horse duty for the past few days, she ended up winning a small gambling tournament for the right to guard us tonight. Valorie seemed quite ecstatic as she reported for duty today.

" It's a lovely night out tonight, I wonder if it will get a tad chillier?"

Sarah spoke as the wind blew around us, it seemed to chill her a bit as she moved closer to me. I suppose if it gets too cold I can one of them my jacket. I could use my Holy Flame. But using the spell in a room full of drunk Demons that already hate me for a bunch of different reasons doesn't sound like a good idea. Regardless, Sarah, Anna, Princess Alice, Ellie, Wendy and I all boarded the carriage and prepared to make our way to the party's location. It's at the bottom of a tree that holds historical significance to the Fracks family. Apparently, it's the place where an ancestor was given their first Noble Title. From what I understand, it was a Knighthood. From there, a Knighthood was given to each son of their family until one of those sons won an important battle for the Demon King at the time and was given a Baron title. From there, hard work at governing this land gave them the current Count Ranking that they currently have.

" My Love, are you looking forward to the party?"

Sarah spoke to me and broke my train of thought.

" As long as I'm with you both, I'm happy no matter where we go. Though, I am quite happy that we can finally move on to the next phase of business development. I hope we can fish out some wealthy customers tonight."

" Hmm... It would be nice to leave most of the work to our employees after tonight, wouldn't it?"

Anna seemed to be thinking about all of the time we could spend with each other after I can leave most of the work to the production and delivery crews of our business. We'll be able to spend our days relaxing... Well, after I do the work needed of a Lord every day. Plus, all the training I still need to do to get my powers under control. But after all of that, it'll be a pretty charmed life.

" Yeah, Anna. It will be nice to relax for a while after all of this work."

The carriage continued on, until we finally made it to the event location under a glowing blue tree.