Chapter 190. Awkward Reporting

" Hm? So that King Leonard finally wants to introduce himself, aye? Warrick, count me in! I want to see what he's like!"

" We'll have to check with him to see if it's fine to bring you Alan."

Warrick and King Alan talked to each other after Aqua finished explaining the contents of the letter. it was pretty much what I expected, King Leonard and Queen Crystal wanted to meet Warrick, Aqua and the King and Queen of Alfheim and discuss a few things regarding the Elves recent activity. It seems that they want Warrick and Aqua to work as mediators between the Dark Elves and the Elves. But do the Elves even like Demons that much? I mean... I hear that some Demons trade with them in Alfheim, but is that a good enough indicator that the Elves wouldn't try something? I should share my thoughts about this when King Alan and Princess Alice aren't here. Maybe when I return next time to report on my progress in Paradise...

" With that, I'll start to head back, I think."

I went to sit up from my chair.

" Wait, Marquess Matthew, why leave now? The situation just got interesting!"

King Alan tried to keep me here.

" Well, I doubt a Marquess can truly advise a King on how to do a summit properly.

" But didn't you meet King Leonard and Queen Crystal?"

Dammit! Princess Alice connected the dots! Don't you dislike me and want me to leave as soon as possible!?

" Princess Alice has a point, Matthew. Besides, you were thinking about something right now, weren't you?"

Aqua's giggling to herself after setting me up. She's finding this funny! With all of them looking at me, it made it hard to disagree and oppose them. I sighed and then began to speak to the 2 Kings and Queen in the room.

" I just find it weird that King Leonard and Queen Crystal have faith in you both being able to mediate for them with the Elves. Judging by what the Elves have done, I don't think they hold much respect for the Dark Elves or us... I mean Demons. So, I'm just wondering how this will work. Let alone the fact that you all have never even met. Who's to say that you'll even work well together."

I glance at King Alan who appears to be looking at me as I spoke.

" Again, this is all from the mind of a Marquess, I can only hope that Kings and Queens take a Marquess's opinions with a grain of salt." 

It's so annoying having to talk like this with Warrick and Aqua.

" hehehe."

And she's still giggling under her breath! I swear I'm going to get her back for this!

" Yes, I thought as much as well. That's why I plan on having Aqua and I meet them first before agreeing to a summit. I plan on having you there as well to work as a mediator, Matthew."

Warrick agreed with me. Then he let me know about his immediate plans.

" So, do you want me to deliver a letter to them now?"

" Huh? No, I'll have someone else do it. You missed 6 weeks of developing your territory, right? You need to be able to make up the time, right?"

" Yes. I do have some projects I need to attend to."

" How does it sound if you let us use Paradise as the location of the summit? "

" As long as it's before the winter solstice it should be fine."

" Why the winter solstice?"

Princess Alice asked a question in-between Warrick and I's conversation. I turned to look at her and she seemed genuinely curious about the date.