Chapter 242. Hanging Sheets

Victor Harvey's Point Of View

The town has gotten busier in recent days. Lady Cindra told me that it was because old man Fracks's birthday party was coming. I thought that it was unfair that the person who killed me and my Dad would get to celebrate another birthday. Lady Cindra and I were currently in the empty room that she originally brought me to. While the view was nice and gave us a look all around the property and lands, it's quickly become a cage for the 2 of us my frustration has grown the past few weeks.

" While I can understand your anger, Little Victor, I feel like it bears repeating that something is wrong with my former husband."

Lady Cindra spoke to me as if she could read my mind.

" The look on your face is what gives away your thoughts, Little Victor."

" Well, my thoughts aren't really wrong, are they? I mean, the guy killed me and my Dad, don't you think I'm allowed to be unhappy with him having such a big event?"

" I know, Little Victor, but it'd be a sad sight to see someone filled with so much hate even after they pass on."

" Well, if we could actually explain our situations, my feelings would at least feel somewhat better! Currently any attempt we make is met with indifference!"

I was angry, I mean, how couldn't I be? I've spent the past few weeks trying to tell others about what happened to me and my Dad and tell my Mom and Sister about it, but it's failed horribly! My voice reaches no one! I can't touch anyone to let them know I'm here! If I work up the energy to actually move a pencil towards a piece of paper, a maid or butler puts the pencil back in place! Even worse is that Lady Cindra is facing the same problems, I watch her as she watches powerlessly at her children every day. She watches in fear, hoping that her children can see the next sunrise and not be sacrificed like me. So far, Fracks hasn't touched Lady Cindy or Young Lord Byron, but that doesn't say much since he's busy in his secret room. We've visited but we can't stay long, once we enter the room, we begin to feel really sick, like someone is trying to make us throw up the contents of our stomachs. We get head and body aches and that's just the start of it

" That is true, Little Victor, we need to find a new approach."

I don't want to speak so meanly to Lady Cindra, but how am I supposed to do anything like this! Before it was all so simple, I did what my Dad asked and then I would help he wash the sheets! Everything is so out of whack that I just want to scream at someone! But that will do nothing for either of us. I just wish we knew what we could do.

" Little Victor, look at that!"

Lady Cindra called to me. I turned to look what Lady Cindra was speaking about and she was pointing at someone who had appeared at the front gate, he was talking to Sam the guard of the gate during the daytime.

" A... A Human?"

Genuine surprise made the words slip out of my mouth.

" Yes, a Human... But what is that feeling from him?"

" Yes, it's so... Warm?"

" Yes, like the sun..."

Wait...

" Oh, that must be the Paladin!"

" The Paladin?"

" Yes! The Paladin!"

After my answer, I began to remember that Lady Cindra had passed away quite some time ago. She doesn't know about the Paladin; I should explain it to her.