Chapter 232. Counts And Cycles

" It's nice to meet you, Countess Diana Gorse. Your husband has been instructing me about etiquette. It's nice to find someone who is so wise and calm about my inexperience."

" Your praise is good for me to hear, Marquess Drake. I do hope you can forgive my children for anything rude they may have said?"

" There's nothing to forgive, I understand that my being a Human is a strange thing in this country. Besides at the end of the day, kids will be kids. I just hope I didn't scare your daughter too much, Countess Gorse."

" I wasn't scared at all!"

" You're shaking and backing away from him says otherwise, Gasha."

" Shut up, Gwaid!"

The Gorse kids began to argue with themselves. It seems the siblings were close, I thought that was pretty nice. Since I was an only child, I didn't ever have the chance to argue with a sibling like this. Now that I think about it, I never really argued with anyone I would consider " close to me", unless I would count the argument I had with Laura... But sometimes I would wonder were we ever really close at all? I guess it wouldn't really matter now, since I'll probably never run into her again since we live in different countries and Promethia has its own set of issues to fix, oh well, I guess.

" Gasha! Gwaid! Settle down! You're in front of a Marquess! Act like proper Noble Children!"

" Oh Husband, you're asking for too much from a 10 and 8-year-old. Besides, the Marquess doesn't truly seem upset with the children. Today is a day of celebration after all, let the children play for the night."

Husband and wife seemed to be speaking privately to each other after that. The faces that Count Gorse made from whatever Lady Diana said in his ear were something to behold. Seems he's not so stoic and serious when it comes to his wife.

" I can relate to him a bit now."

I muttered my thoughts about what I was seeing, I mean, Count Gorse isn't the first man to bow down to his wife's suggestion. Gods know I've done it... Who knows how many times in these short months of being married.

" Wives tend to know when to reign in their husbands, My Love."

" It's definitely a good skill to have. Aqua taught us that as well as many others. So, don't worry Darling,"

" I shudder to think what exactly my mother-in-law taught you both."

" Oh, a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Completely normal things for a wife and of course some spells here and there to help with daily life and household chores. Granted, since we have maids and butlers, we haven't really been able to use those spells yet. Maybe later in life, My Love?"

I wondered why there was a distinction between these " normal things for a wife" and chores being in separate categories, but Sarah and Anna seemed to be confident in Aqua's teaching. Well, I can't complain, it's not like I've ever regretted marrying them since the day I signed and the papers and said, " I do". While I was lost in my own thoughts, I felt another tugging on the suit jacket that I was wearing. I turned to see 2 familiar faces.

" Max, Tana. You both are dressed to the nines I see."

" Dressed to the nines?"

Tana was confused by my words. I guess that idiom doesn't exist over here? Max was dressed similar to me, in a black suit, but instead of a tie like me, he had a red bowtie that helped show the fact that he was still young. His brown eyes and hair contrasted with the black of the suit. Tana was dressed like I'd imagine a young Princess would dress for a ball. She was in a pink dress that matched the color of her eyes. Now that I think about it, she looks like a younger version of her mother. The kids waited for an answer for their confusion as they looked at me.