Chapter 197. Angela's Answers

" FINALLY!"

" You've done a great job, Matthew."

" I knew you could do it!"

I cheered as I finally finished my scheduled work for the day. Emily, who was currently enjoying a slice of cheesecake as a mid-day snack, praised me in between her 2nd and 3rd bites. Ruby was happy for me as well, however I felt there was a part of her that was simply waiting to join Sarah and Anna in their daily training and sparring matches.

" With the work done, I can finally stretch my legs a bit. Well, once I organize these papers back into their drawers. Shall we go and meet up with Sarah and Anna after that?"

I gestured to Emily and Ruby to see what they would like to do after I was finished with the work. Their responses seemed to say they'd like to join me. Sarah and Anna had actually slept in today. From what was told to me, Delcan and Charlotte decided to show Princess Alice around Paradise since they had just recently received a tour from us. Ellie and Wendy acted as guides just in case they got lost. Because of that, the house was pretty quiet. With that kind of atmosphere, I was able to finish up around half of the paperwork I needed to do. My target for today was only a quarter of it. With all of that done, I could happily leave the office with Ruby and Emily by my side.

" Hard to believe we spent around 7 hours in that room today."

Ruby made a passing comment as she closed the door behind us. In no time at all we entered the training grounds on the property and heard the snapping of metal as Sarah and Anna seemed to have broken their sparring weapons again. Sarah continued on using a halberd, but Anna had changed her weapon of choice since her new Job class had been unlocked. From her club to a quarterstaff. It seems under the instructions of her Goddesses; Anna gave very specific instructions to the Blacksmiths here in Paradise when we came back with all of that metal Gil and I found. Now she's practicing with older quarterstaffs, so she'll be ready for her actual weapon once it's finished being made in around 2 months.

"You got the better on that exchange, Anna! Not bad! As soon as you use all of those different auras all of your physical abilities jump around so much. It's really jarring when I'm fighting you and you start switching between them all."

" Well, I wouldn't have to if you wouldn't use those Calamity skills that you still can't control well, Sarah. If I don't use my skills, those attacks could really hurt to be hit by."

" Yeah, but I wouldn't just use those skills against anyone. I know you can take them. But still, there must be a trick I haven't figured out yet. When I use those skil-- Oh! My Love! Welcome! Are you going to spar with us?"

I felt bad, it seemed they were going over their post-match thoughts and I interrupted them. And I also knew that I was going to disappoint them.

" Sorry, but not today, I want to go and speak to Angela now that I have some free time. You know for the thing from yesterday."

I spoke vaguely since I didn't want to alert Emily or Ruby to anything. It didn't work really for Emily. Ruby seemed to not even hear the last half of my sentence.

" Matthew! You know! If you're afraid of hurting us when sparring with a sword, I could teach you hand to hand combat, so you don't need to be so left out!"

I smiled awkwardly as Ruby held my hands in her hands as she spoke with determination. While I think it wouldn't be bad to learn how to use martial arts. I needed some answers from Angela.

" Ruby, let Matthew go, he needs to talk to this Angela person. Who is Angela, by the way?"

Emily wore a business-like smile as she spoke. Why do I feel some kind of pressure from her? Ruby let me go and I began to answer both questions they had.