Chapter Fourteen

Thank you for reading my story, it really means a lot! If you could, please comment, vote, and share with your friends. If you have advice on how I could make this story better, please comment or message me because I really want to hear your input. Alright that's it for me, enjoy the chapter!

***************************************************************************************************

Thea's P.O.V. 

I spent all day Sunday with my mom.

I was trying to make up for the past 3 years that I've given her crap. I was a total and utter bitch to her. She was going through the same thing, yet I pushed her away. She needed me and I basically told her to shove it. And the Worst Daughter of the Year Award goes to Thea Crystal!

We were sitting on the couch watching Grey's Anatomy. My mom apparently never saw it and so I decided like any person would to hook her on it. Let's just say hours passed and we were still sitting there watching Netflix. No regrets.

I was munching on popcorn, when my mom bluntly asked," So when are you going to have your boyfriend over?"

I started chocking on a popcorn kernel.

"What are you talking about, mom?" I managed to croak out. She slid over to me and patted my back as I recovered from my coughing fit. It seems I'm susceptible to chocking on my food whenever I'm around people.

She gave me a worried smile," Aren't you and Nicolai dating?" She slightly furrowed her eyebrows, considerably confused. Jeesh.. she actually thought me and Nicolai were.... gross.

"God, no mom!" I screeched. " We have never dated nor will we ever. Never ever." I hung my head in my heads, a headache coming on. I've been getting a lot of strange headaches lately. Notice they're always connected to Nicolai.

"Oh honey, I'm sorry. I just thought you said you guys were friends because you didn't want to tell me that you dating someone," she apologized. I looked up and gripped her hand. I could see the pain I caused her flashing in her eyes.

"No, mom, I'm sorry. I've been a crappy daughter and you just wanted to help me, and I kept pushing you away. I really am sorry," I said, looking at her now tear-stricken face. "I always loved you mom and wanted to talk to you, but I didn't know how. I thought you would hate me after the incident..." I trailed off, breaking eye contact with her.

She grabbed my shoulders and made me face her," Thea," she spoke softly. " I could never hate you. What happened that night wasn't your fault. Nobody thinks its your fault. You need to stop blaming yourself." She gently moved the hair hanging in front of my face, giving me a small smile.

I hugged her, not knowing what else to say. She slightly rocked me back and forth in her arms. Grey's Anatomy was still playing on the TV.

"Not gonna lie, even though he's way older than me, Derek Shepherd has got it going on," I commented staring at his perfect face.

My mom broke out in laughter," God, did I miss your little comments." She gave me one last squeeze before releasing me and heading back to the kitchen to start dinner.

She called out from the kitchen," Even though Nicolai is totally not your boyfriend and will never ever be your boyfriend..... You could still invite him over for maybe a cup of coffee or dinner. WHAT DID SHE JUST SAY?!

My eyes bugged out, as I soaked in what she just said. Nicolai. Coming over. Coffee. Dinner.

NO.