Chapter Thirty-One

Hello my wonderful followers, we meet again. I know it's only been like two days since my last update, but I simply could not wait! For those of you reading Good Guys are the New Bad Boys, I apologize for not updating today like my original plan was to. I will update it sometime this week, but as of my updating schedule right now, Broken Ice is my priority. Thank you kindly for all your reads, comments, and votes, I honestly appreciate every single one of them. :) I hope you enjoy this chapter and share your thoughts in the comments below.

******************************************************************************************

"When you meet someone who tries their hardest to stick by you regardless of how difficult you are, keep them. Keep them at all costs because finding someone who cares enough to look past your flaws isn't something that happens every day." ~Anonymous

******************************************************************************************

Thea's P.O.V.

It took me about five minutes of staring up at the stars to actually move my legs again.

And when I was able to move again, my body moved on its own accordance.

My mind had shut off, I was now stumbling through the crowds of party goers blindly, instinctually. My brain and my limbs were not connected anymore, I did not know where my legs were taking me.

All I knew was that I had to get there before it was too late.

Before he left.

First, I was trudging, the weight of my embarrassing reaction replaying in my mind. Then, I was fast-walking, shoving drunks to the side, knowing my chance to change tonight was closing soon. Next thing I knew, I was sprinting. I didn't even need to move people out of my way, they did that on their own accord.

I burst through the mansion doors, my body thrumming with an adrenaline rush. My head whipped around, searching the empty, dark streets for a lone figure walking.

All I saw were lonely streetlights illuminating vacant roads and trimmed lawns of the surrounding elegant mansions.

My heart panged in disappointment, as my throat welled up with unshed tears.

God, Thea. Why are you always hurting him?

This is all your fault.

He left. You made him leave.

Now, you have no one.

As my fists clenched in aggravation, something sharp dug into my palm, making me gasp in pain. I looked down, realizing I still had Nicolai's keys.

I still had a chance.

I sprinted to the familiar Audi, fumbling to unlock the doors. Sliding in, my hands shook with anxiety as I turned on the car and slammed my foot on the gas pedal.

My fingers kept running through my tangled hair in frustration as I searched through the neighborhood for Nicolai.

My eyes began to water as I squinted  in the darkness for any sign of a human being.

The car slowly drove on, as my head ducked and turned both right and left. It was these very apprehensive movements that caused me to ignore the road ahead of me.