Chapter Twenty-Five

Hello my lovely readers, how y'all doing? I'm in a very good mood because my birthday is tomorrow (technically it's today bc I'm uploading after midnight lol) and my friends actually surprised with a birthday dinner today! I am in such a good mood that I am updating today for you all, so you can thank my friends. ;) I want to personally thank all of you for just reading and supporting my work. Having people like and want to read what I have to write is just mind-blowingly amazing, so thank you. :) Hope you like today's update, let me know what you think!

***************************************************************************************

Thea's P.O.V.

Today is Saturday. Tonight is Homecoming. And right now, right now I'm freaking out.

"What do you wear to a freaking dance?" I frantically threw clothes around my room, searching for something to wear for tonight. The insides of my closet and drawers were completely bare, as all of my closet and drawers' contents were sprawled all over my bedroom floor and bed. It was a sea of cotton, silk, and cashmere.

And out of all the items of clothing, I had nothing to wear.

"Stupid dance. Stupid Nicolai. I shouldn't even agreed to this dumb thing," I grumbled to myself, glaring at all the unacceptable clothing options.

I grabbed my phone off my nightstand, checking the time. 5:04 pm. I looked down at my white bathrobe.

5:04 and I'm not even dressed. I groaned dramatically, flopping back on the piles of clothing covering my bed. I rubbed my forehead, feeling a migraine coming on.

What am I doing? Nothing's going to come out of tonight. I'm just going to embarrass myself in front of the whole school. Maybe I should just stay home.

Just then, my phone buzzed signaling a text message. Unlocking my phone, I saw that Nicolai texted me.

Nicolai: I know exactly what you're doing this very minute. STOP IT.

A crease formed between my eyebrows, as I stared confusedly at my phone. How does he know what I'm doing?

I looked around my room and out my windows expecting to see Nicolai stalking me, but there was no sign of him and he couldn't have gotten in my house without me answering the door, since my mom was out.

Me: What the hell are you talking about? You don't know what I'm doing this very minute..

Only a second passed, before he responded. I wasted no time to click on his message, wanting to know what was going on.

Nicolai: You're second guessing going tonight. You probably have made a bunch of lame excuses and convinced yourself it's best to just not go. You're going, so stop it. Stop thinking, just do it.

My brown eyes widened at his text. How the hell did he know I was thinking that? I texted back apprehensively, completely baffled and slightly nervous about discovering how Nicolai knew what I was thinking.

Me: Are you some type of mind reader or something?

Nicolai: No, you ninny. You're just predictable.

I scoffed at his remark, texting back furiously.

Me: I am not predictable.

Nicolai: Sure ;)

I huffed, chucking my phone on the other side of my bed. My face heated up with defensiveness. I glared at the mountains and valleys I created in my room. My eye caught something.