Chapter Nineteen

Thank you so much for the 300+ reads, as well as your wonderful comments and votes! It really means a lot, especially when you guys comment. It honestly makes my day, so please continue to read, vote, comment, and share with your friends! If you have any input or suggestions, comment or message me. This chapter is going to be more of a filler chapter, giving you a deeper insight of Thea's background and a better view of just how serious her paranoia and trust issues are. Nicolai will be featured more in the next chapter. Enjoy, and let me know what you think! :)

*************************************************************************************************

"And then all of a sudden, she changed. She came back a completely different person with a new mindset, a new outlook, a new soul. The girl that once cared way too much about everyone and everything, no longer cared at all. ~Anonymous

*************************************************************************************************

Thea's P.O.V.

My phone vibrated loudly on my cream colored nightstand, waking me up way before my alarm clock was supposed to.

I groaned as I opened my eyes and stretched my stiff limbs. I blinked back the sleepiness and grabbed my phone. The time on my screensaver said 6:00 am. I huffed at being woken up earlier than needed and flopped back on my fluffy blue pillows.

I unlocked my phone only to see that Nicolai texted me. Of course it would be him to ruin my peaceful sleep. What the heck does he want now?

Nicolai: Hey, sorry to wake you up if you aren't already, but I just wanted to let you know I won't be in school today or tomorrow, so you won't be seeing me until next Monday. Have fun at school, don't glare someone to death. See ya, Monday.

I stared at my phone confusedly. Why isn't he coming to school? He said he had a doctor appointment on Saturday, but what's going on today and tomorrow?

I locked my phone, throwing it on the bed, before rolling over. I had a bad feeling; something was up. What is he hiding?

I scowled at my light blue walls. So he can know all my secrets and I have to open up, but he doesn't? Bullshit. I'll give him "feelings".

I tried falling asleep, but it was in vain. Huffing, I climbed out of bed and decided that I might as well get ready. I quick showered and dressed in my regular black skinny jeans and a Beatles t-shirt with my red converse. Throwing my hair up in a half-up, half-down ponytail, I quick rushed to cover the dark circles that seemed permanently marked under my tired, brown eyes.

"I really need to get  more sleep," I mumbled, disappointed at my appearance. The girl who stared back at me was tired and weak. She looked lonely and full of despair. There was no lively sparkle in her eyes; they were dull, blank brown eyes. Her face seemed to have aged five years. Frown lines were starting to form. There wasn't a hint of happiness in her image, like there used to be. She looked...

"Broken," I whispered, staring sadly at my reflection. "And that's all that you'll ever be."

And right then, Nicolai's words drifted into my head. You're worth it, whether you believe it or not.

"I certainly do not believe," I said bitterly, taking one more glance at my reflection before turning away and going downstairs.

What does Nicolai know anyway? He's just a hypocrite. He's not opening up to me and he lied to my face yesterday and then he has the balls to tell me that I need to let my feelings out. Feelings are a waste of energy. They're useless and pointless. And so is this mission to "save me". I don't need freaking anyone to save me. This is 2015, I can save my own damn self and I'll do it my way. The no feelings attached way.