Chapter Forty-One

Hello lovelies, thank you so much for your continued support. If you could please click the little star button if you enjoy this chapter and if you want to give me some much appreciated feedback, you can do that in the comments below. The song in this chapter is Between the Bars by Elliot Smith. Thank you. :)

***********************

"Nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as true strength." ~Anonymous 

***********************

Thea's P.O.V

There are certain moments in your life where you wonder how you could've possibly made the decisions that have led you to that very moment. You wonder what could've possibly crossed your mind to make you do such ridiculous things. You wonder...you wonder.

And here I am, amidst my bewildered friends, kissing or should I say, making out with, my boyfriend, all of whom is also completely appalled at my action. 

Not that it stopped him, however.

Nicolai, after getting over his initial shock, wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer and deepening the kiss.

While I was not complaining, I could not say the same for our friends. I could vaguely hear the groans and complaints of them as they stomped away from our act of affection.

I broke away from Nicolai's embrace, staring at the empty space where our angry friends once stood. 

"They're gone," I sighed with relief, giving Nicolai a huge hug. His arms hesitantly wrapped themselves around me.

"Yay," he responded confusedly, eyebrows scrunched.

He pulled back to look at me questioningly. "So wait, you just kissed me to gross them out to the point where they would just leave and forget their anger at you?"

I nodded my head with a cheeky grin on my face, proud that my plan actually worked.

Nicolai stared at me in absolute surprise, a disbelieving smile edging on his lips.

He shook his head in wonder, throwing an arm around my shoulder.

"My girlfriend's an evil genius, who would've thought?" 

I elbowed him playfully, leaning into his side. 

"Hey, it worked," I defended myself. "That's all that matters."

"And did you think far enough into your plan to figure out what you're going to do when you eventually enter the movie theatre to watch the movie? They're obviously going to be there," he asked with a pointed look.

"Which is why we're not going to see a movie," I decided, dragging him out the theatre's doors.

"Thea, we can't just ditch!"

"Sure we can. They're probably too busy to notice our absence anyway. Either that or they'll think we went to see another movie, considering we don't technically know which movie they went to see. It would be an "honest mistake." 

He stopped in his tracks, his green eyes soaking in my confident expression.

"The way you come up with these evil plans is kind of hot, not gonna lie," he whispered in his raspy voice, shooting me a charming wink.

I blushed at the comment.

"Flattery will get you nowhere, Nico," I teased, poking his cheek before running to my car.

"Hey!" He shouted after me, his pounding footsteps echoing as he chased after me.

Our booming laughs rang through the night, echoing loudly. He finally caught me, twirling me around, only causing me to laugh harder. When he finally put me down, the world was spinning, making me stumble around chuckling.