Chapter Twenty-Nine

Hello my beautiful readers, sorry it's been so long since I've updated this story! But, I'm back and I'm ready to give you some major feels. ;D The amount of lovely comments I have received in the past two chapters especially, has put a silly smile on my face. I'm so glad that so many of you were able to connect to both Thea and Nicolai and discover their dark pasts. I'm also thankful that you guys have already discovered their secrets; it was becoming too much to hide from you all. Do not worry though, Thea and Nicolai's story is not yet finished. In fact, their journey has just begun. It would mean the world to me if you would stay and witness it. The song in this chapter is "Hear Your Heart" by James Bay. I hope you enjoy this chapter and please share your thoughts with me in the comments below, I do love to hear what you guys have to say. :)

******************************************************************************************

"Those eyes have seen so many places and that heart has felt so many things and yet you still smile at the darkest feelings and find expression in everything that's colored beautiful." ~R. M. Drake

******************************************************************************************

Thea's P.O.V.

Nicolai went home Tuesday night after spending all day with me.

Today was Wednesday and yet, I wanted nothing more than to go back to yesterday.

To the soft whispers.

The gentle touches.

The lingering laughter.

The light smiles.

The sparkling emeralds.

The comfortable silence.

I wanted to go back to Nicolai.

But, like all good things, yesterday came to an end and now, it is today.

And today, I have to go back to school.

And I actually am not disgusted by the fact that I have to go back to school. In fact, a sense of pure happiness has taken over my body, running its gentle fingers across my skin, igniting a burning fire in my veins, and breathing into my lungs songs of absolute joy.

I don't think anything could bring me down. Not even school.

I was in such a blissful mood this morning, that I actually decided to wear a colorful outfit for once, putting all my black ensembles on hold. After putting on an olive green, off-the-shoulder sweater and light skinny jeans, I was ready to go.

Catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I stopped and did a double-take. Not believing what I was seeing, I approached the mirror slowly, my eyes widening at the sight in front of me.

The pale girl I usually see was gone. In her place, a petite girl stood, her skin glowing with a natural, healthy tone. Her once blank eyes were now alive, a unique sparkle shining in the dark pools. Her cheeks were tinged with a natural pink tint, mirroring her rosebud-colored lips. Her chocolate curls flowed around her heart-shaped face, making the girl in the mirror appear other-worldly.

Except, other-worldly wasn't the correct word to describe the girl's appearance.

Content. Happy. Blissful. Peaceful.