Chapter Thirty-Five

Vote, comment, share. Love you all and enjoy. :)
************************************
Thea's P.O.V

"Hi, Thea," Megan greeted hesitantly, smiling awkwardly.

I stood rooted in my spot, my eyes widened at the sight in front of me.

I couldn't believe it.

"W-what are you doing here?"

Megan opened her mouth to respond, but my mom quickly cut in.

"I'll be in my room upstairs if you girls need me."

I barely looked at her as she walked out of the room. My eyes remained focused on my bestfriend. Well, my ex-bestfriend.

"What are you doing here?" I repeated.

"I got a message from you asking me to come over," Megan said confused, showing me her phone.

My jaw dropped in astonishment.

"I'm guessing you didn't send me this," she deduced resignedly.

"No, I didn't," I answered, confused as to who sent the message.

And that's when it hit me.

My lips tightened together.

"But, I know you did send it. Nicolai."

Megan's eyebrows rose in surprise.

"So it's true. You two are together."

I nodded my head silently, feeling the tension slowly begin to thicken.

"Well. I'm sorry I dropped by so unexpectedly. I'll go now."

She started walking to the front door without another word. Seeing her walk away from me reminded me of the last time she was in my house. The things I said. The way I made her cry.

It's now or never, Thea. Make it right.

"Megan, wait," I called out, rushing after her. I closed the front door before she could leave.

She glanced up at me in shock, caught off-guard at my confrontation.

"I'm sorry," I blurted out quickly, taking us both by utter surprise.

Way to get to the point, Thea.

"I'm sorry for everything I've done, everything I said to you. It was cruel and utterly disgusting of me to treat you like that regardless of the place I was in at that time. I shouldn't have done that, especially after you tried to help me. I know that sorry doesn't mean that much and that I would understand if you never forgave me. But for what it's worth, I am sorry and I will try to show you that, whether you want me to be your friend or not."

Megan stared at me blankly for a few, unbearable moments.

"You've really changed, haven't you?" Megan wondered out loud, studying me with vibrant blue eyes.

I fumbled to say something, not expecting her to say that.

"Why did you do it?" She asked me suddenly, ignoring her previous question.

"Why what?"

"Why did you push me away?"

I tensed up for a second, thinking how I could possibly answer her question.

"I guess I just wanted to protect myself from getting hurt and instead, hurt everyone I love. And for that, I am sorry. I'm sorry I was selfish," I finished, taking in a deep breath. My shoulders sagged with relief as I finally faced my sins.