Stand Tall,, FIFTY TWO

UF-NO!

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Hey, check out the recruiter from Mountain College. He looks nervous" Dale says with a chuckle as the parents stand together.

"Well, he's never seen monsters before but he's gotta recruit my boy, right?" Zevon questions, worried. "Oh, I'm... I'm sure he will! I mean, keep calm and zombie on, right?" Missy says. "He'll be crazy not to" Dahlia says. "Yeah. Yeah, right" Zevon chuckled. At first, Dahlia's adjustment to the fact that monsters — Zombies, and Werewolves, live in Seabrook was a challenge.

It was never a problem that they were here, she just never trusted their intentions. She has kids to protect and any means to make sure that they are happy, safe, and healthy was her only concern. Nothing else. Her adjustment to Zombies wasn't as easy as it was with werewolves.

Dahlia once kept Rio and Karma inside for a whole month to ensure that they wouldn't be infected by whatever virus was in the air.

The town seemed to be out of it for them to consider the outrageous suggestion to allow Zombies in the town to be "normal".

The supernatural beings had originally left her feeling overwhelmed, and uneasy making her feel as if she had to keep her guard up just to leave the house.

It was never easy especially when her husband passed. However, as time went on, she slowly embraced the diversity and uniqueness that the creatures brought to her town. After all, she didn't fit in either. Her background of not being raised in Seabrook and in Barbados instead set off alarms for some. Mainly interfering with her job applications during that time.

Dahlia's interactions with Wolves and Zombies became frequent since River and Willa started dating, as the group of friends began to hang out there for some odd reason that their house is "so cool".

Dahlia Noelle came to understand that their differences weren't so bad and they were just as beautiful and deserved to be respected and appreciated just like anyone else in the world.

No matter what or how different things were or became.

"I'm telling you, Zed Necrodopolis is a star!" The recruiter stated. "Well, maybe on the football field" The lady says beside him. "But do we really want a monster in our classroom?" She questions. "Zombies and Werewolves... Oh, my!" The Woman said as she jumped back from a growl she heard. "It'll be fine" He said, trying to convince himself as well.

"Come on" The recruiter says.

The woman in a suit huffs and continues to walk ahead.

"Hey, I'm Zed's dad. Nice to meet you" Zevon shook the recruit's hand. "We are so excited to meet you" Zevon said. River walked up to the empty school bus with Zed's face on and looked up at Willa, motioning her to come down with a point of a thumb. Willa grinned and jumped down from the bus, landing in the position where her knees were bent and her palm planted on the concrete road.

Dusting her hand off, Willa smiled at her girlfriend as she rose up, showing the reminder of how much taller she was compared to Rio.

"Hey, pretty" Willa says, her touch is found under her girl's chin before she caresses it. "Can we make out now?" Willa begged. "Later" River teased as she walked away from Willa and made her way to their friend group that was near Zed and Addison. "What?!" Willa called out as she trailed behind River.

"This is it" Zed said. "Together forever!" Addison smiled and said before she rested her head on his chest while he hugged her waist. Willa and River shared the same look. "They stole our thing!" Rio laughed. "We can't have anything nice around here" Willa scoffs. Addison stuck her tongue out at River and smiled.

"Meteors!" Zoey called out as she pointing towards the sky. "Sweet!" Karma squealed and took out her phone to record the scene. "Oh, here he is now!" Zevon says as his son and his girlfriend walk up to him and the recruits. "Hi" Zed shakes their hands. "I'm a recruiter from Mountain College and we need...".

"I'm a recruiter from Mountain College... and we need..." The male recruiter says as he keeps getting distracted by the sky. "Uh, we- we need...".

"You need to recruit me to Mountain College or...?" Zed joked as everyone who was around him laughed. "Oh, no. Oh, no, no, no!" The man shook his head, backing away. Zed's smile drops and eyed him up and down, becoming confused. "What?" The teenage zombie boy questions as he turns around and looks up at the sky. Zed's eyes widened in disbelief and his jaw drops.

"It's a UF—" Zed points to the sky grabbing Addison's attention along with others.

"Whoa!" Addison gasped.

It was a real UFO.

"Willa..." River says fearful as she grabs ahold of her growling, werewolf girlfriend's hand. "I quit! I'll never leave home again" The recruiter ran away. "Wait, wait, wait! Don't go!" Zed called out. "You have to recruit me to Mountain College!" He says.

Zed's words grabbing Willa's attention instantly and her heart sunk to her stomach.

"No! This cannot be happening!" The wolf thought in a panic. "RIVER!" Dahlia and Karma called out as they were leaving. "Willa! We gotta go!" River tugged at Willa's arm, struggling to get the girl to move.

"Go without me".

"What?".

Rio folded her arms and looked at her girlfriend with confusion, blinking multiple times. "Are you crazy? Hell no!" She protested. Willa saw her pack surrounding the moonstone, protectively, from afar. Willa rolled her eyes, her body soon facing the other beside her as she turned her head and looked down at River. "River, go with your mom and Karma! It's not safe for you guys" The wolf demanded.

"It's not safe for you either!" They began to argue.

"No! I'm not leaving you with whatever the hell that thing is!".

"I wasn't asking you to leave, Noelle! I'm telling you!".

Dahlia ran up to the arguing couple and grabbed her daughter by the waist, taking her away from Willa so they could run away.

"Mom!" River looked back at her mother before turning her head back to look at Willa with a pleading look. But the wolf was gone. "Willa!" River cried out for her girlfriend as she heard a trumpet being played from afar. "Who the hell is playing the trumpet at a time like this?!" River thought. She tried to fight off her mother's grip but the woman was stronger.

Dahlia wasn't backing down until her daughters were somewhere safe and away from the chaos that had erupted.

"We're moving!".

"Momma!" The girls whined as they ran for safety.