44 : || Some Different Perspectives ||

Cold sweats formed on her forehead, as she once again woke up from the nightmare.

Panchali's breath came in short pants, while her hands quivered as her brain pictured the most horrendous event in her life, that happened on the same day of her Birthday years back.

In an attempt to breathe normally, she moved out of the bed. Opening the bed side drawer, she grabbed the small medicine bottle.

And she took no time to gulp five -six anxiety shots. Alas, if only it could help her, to calm down.

"I -I killed her... I kil-led Mumma... I couldn't sa-ve Doll..." She mummered, while her breath got stuck in her chest.

She fell on her knees, as her feet wobbled in her steps.

Trails of tears slipped from the corner of her eyes. She tried to breathe, but everytime she had attacks, she felt like dying.

And she hated herself for how vulnerable she felt at those times.

Taking out her inhaler, immediately, she pumped twice, as she waited for it to help with her breathing.

She hated herself for being so ignorant, she hated how impulsive she behaved on that day.

Slowly, her breathing started coming to normal pace. But the sharp pain that she felt on her chest was something, she couldn't ignore.

Because, she failed to save her Doll.

Getting up from the floor, she forwaded her steps towards the washroom. Stumbling a bit, she walked in, standing just before the mirror.

Panchali gazed at her disheveled state, which she again hated.

Opening the tap, she sprinkled water on her face. Once, twice, thrice.

And finally she broke down into tears. Streams of water fell from her enchanting ocean blue orbs, which eventually turned red, just like her broken self.

She screamed in frustration, as the helplessness crawled into her heart.

Taking the already flowing water in her palms, she again sprinkled it on her face, trying to wash away the tears from her broken expression of her face.

Alas, only if the water could wash away the tears from her heart, which actually bled in agony.

Her red nose and puffy eyes, gave the indication of how vulnerable she felt, as she cried and screamed anguish.

She sobbed hard, as her lips wobbled, "I -I am sorry, Mumma. I am so sorry, I couldn't save Doll."

Falling on her knees, she wept on the floor, thinking her fate to be the most cruel of all.

***

The Sun graced its presence, by illuminating light rays at the time of Dawn.

The rays fell over a well built body of a man, as he emerged out from the holy Ganga, and joined his hands, offering his prayers to Surya Narayan.

His body glowed in the golden rays of Sun, as just his earrings shone brightly.

He opened his eyes, and watched the Sun with his eyes filled with warmth.

That huge ball of fire, which could make anyone blind by its brightness, always intrigued him, as he never felt uncomfortable looking at it.

Rather he admired the Sun, a way too much. Its brightness never affected him in a negative way.

He came out from the Ganga and got into fresh pair of clothes, behind the huge bushes.