47 : || The Devil's Plan ||

OTHER CORNER OF ARYAVART :

The dark clouds covered the Moon and the stars, while the wind blew harshly, signifying the upcoming storm.

The streets were eerily silent, shops were shut down as no one seemed to come out of their house.

Lightening struck while the sky roared as if expressing its fear for the plans of Destiny.

The Royal Palace was also silent, as if the storm affected the people living inside it.

A certain dark hall was filled with green vapour, with a person creating a vision to keep an eye on his target.

His hawk-like eyes watched the scene with a sly smirk on his lips.

Soon there was a heavy footsteps echoing in the dark hall.

"What the hell are you trying to do, Dev?" The person asked, gritting his teeth, just as he entered the dark hall.

The anger in his eyes and voice was quite noticeable. But got only silent in return.

"Now, cat got your tongue, huh?" He asked, taunting the former.

"Don't forget who you are talking to, Maha-mantri. Lower your volume." Dev warned, though his voice was low.

"Oh really?" The Prime Minister scoffed sarcastically. "You said that Panchali will suffer in her life after marrying the Pandavas. But what's happening is a complete contradiction to your words."

"You said she won't be happy in her life. But look at her, she's slowly starting to get happiness." He paused, as pure rage surged through his veins.

"She is happy because of those five men. Mind you, bloody asshole, that Panchali is mine, only mine. If you think that I'll be quite watching some other men behind her happiness, then I am not going to tolerate that."

"If she is not mine, then mind you, Dev, I won't allow her to become someone else's." He added, with his voice lacing poison.

Dev had had enough, as he turned around being hell annoyed.

"How dumb you can be, Chandrachur. She won't accept her marriage with five men, I am telling you." Dev tried to point.

"Oh, I thought you could read and control minds but I didn't know you had suddenly forgotten the knowledge." Chandrachur taunted again.

"Panchali was clearly thinking of giving her marriage a chance." He paused, before adding, "Dev, I want Panchali at any cost."

Dev shut his eyes in extreme anger. His goal in life is much bigger than that stupid Chandrachur's obsession with Panchali.

"Listen Chandrachur. First calm down. Panchali's marriage with Pandavas was necessary, you know that. Both of us have the same goal." He paused, taking a breath.

"And that is, Yuvrani Panchali Kuruvanshi." He added, with a sly smirk.

"You want her for yourself and your obsession with her, while I want her for the Pandavas and that Krishna. Those six men have divine weapons, and I want those at any cost." He continued.

A lust-filled expression formed on Chandrachur's face as mentioned, "Well, I know you wanted their marriage to happen as soon as possible without any fuss and that's why you told me to kidnap the messenger from Panchal and stop the message from reaching Hastinapur regarding Panchali's wedding with the Pandu-putras. Am I right?"

"Indeed, Maha-mantri. I didn't want anyone to stop their wedding. Those foolish Pandavas love Panchali with their lives... Oh sorry, my bad, may I say, Panchali is their life itself?" Dev stated, and slipped into a malicious laughter.