48 : || Lavender Haze ||

The last night of Navratri made people realize how fast the night changes.

The Royals and commoners had gathered to worship Devi Siddhidatri.

Offering their prayers, they wished for a healthy and prosperous life of their loved ones.

The high priests chanted auspicious mantras, as the Mangal Arti started. And just like the previous eight nights, the entire area was filled with the sound of conch shells and bells.

Krishna was once again requested to recite the story of Devi Siddhidatri to the people, which he was more than glad to do so.

As the story concluded, the Prasad was distributed among the people.

"Tonight I am going to the Lavender field to bring flowers for decoration." Nakul suggested, merrily.

"By the way, when are we going to surprise her?" Bhanumati asked, swooning Arushi in her arms.

"Bhabishree, I think it would be better if we do it tomorrow morning, as in before breakfast. Because by afternoon we all are going to be busy with the arrangements for Dussehra." Arjun suggested.

"Yes, in this way she can have the delicacies in the breakfast that I would be preparing." Bheem said, enthusiasm lacing his words.

"Okay, then everything is final. Let Nakul and Sahdev go to the Lavender field while I will help Bheem in the kitchen." Yudhisthir assigned them, as Arjun frowned.

"Then what am I going to do, Jyest?" Phalgun asked. He so wanted to do something for Yuvrani's Birthday.

Yudhisthir had a quick thought of what more could be done. Because, honestly they never prepared any surprise for anyone, at least not for any woman.

"Do one thing. At the time of dawn, go to the Shiv Temple and give a prayer in her name." He suggested, while Arjun nodded wholeheartedly.

He would be glad to do so.

"But I have a question." Subhadra said, getting a look of 'what?' from her cousins.

"Why does Lavender in particular, when we have so many flowers like Rose, Blue Lotus, Tulip and Magenta?" She added, asking.

A calm smile made across their faces, as they knew what to answer.

"Well, it's Lavender because the flower represents Purity, Devotion, Serenity, Grace and Calmness." Yudhisthir replied, with a certain calmness settling in his heart.

Knowingly or unknowningly, he compared their beautiful feelings with the symbol of love.

She was their Lavender.

"But the flower doesn't signify any romantic feelings, now does it?" Bhanumati said, in confusion.

According to her, a husband and wife shared a romantic relationship and Lavender is nowhere counted in that feeling, which Red Roses were very capable of.

And the brothers did love her friend, then instead of Roses, why were they choosing Lavender?

"Not exactly, Bhabishree. The soft colour and subdued aroma of Lavender symbolizes elegance and refinement." Arjun answered.

"Lavender may not be associated with passion and desire but the soft hue of purple has often been connected with love and devotion." Nakul felt the serene feeling of Cherishment for Panchali, as he spoke with genuineness.

"Besides, according to astronomy Lavender is considered as good fortune while offering protection from negative energy." Sahdev conveyed.

Bhanumati and Subhadra had a look at each other, with a small smile. This time tease didn't lace on their expression, rather a sense of amazement followed the words of the Pandavas.