31 : || Panchali Meets Subhadra ||

It was the third day of Navratri, the day dedicated to Devi Chandraghanta.

The arrangements for the puja were going on in a full swing since the dawn broke.

"Bhadré, I would suggest you to go and have a short conversation with my Sakhi." Krishna suddenly chirped, gaining all the youngsters' attention, present over there.

Subhadra frowned awkwardly, "Bhratashree, don't you think you are too straightforward in making me meet Princess Draupadi?"

Krishna shrugged comically, mischievousness well hidden in his posture.

"Madhav, are you okay? I mean why are you suddenly suggesting Subhadra to meet her?" Arjun asked, being suspicious.

Well, he knew Krishna for sure and that his cousin would not do anything without any reason.

"Parth, stop being so detective. I just want Bhadré to meet my Sakhi. You know maybe they would bond well..." He paused, as Arjun squinted his eyes at him.

"I mean, future reference..." He trailed off shrugging.

"Arjun, why are you being so sceptical about such a petty thing? Vasudev asked Subhadra to meet her. Must be just a casual meet." Yudhisthir casually stated, looking up from the scrolls related to State Politics.

"Exactly Arjun, you are just exaggerating. Bhrata Krishna and I have nothing to do with your wife. It's just a casual meeting, and you are making it a big deal. Shut your suspicion. Your wife ain't a small kid that we are planning to abduct her." Subhadra spoke out, with a serious voice, taking Arjun off guard.

Her words made Sahdev too look up from the book he was reading.

Her voice halted Bheem to put more apple in his mouth, while Nakul frowned heavily turning away from the mirror.

"Uh, no... I...actually... I didn't-"

The silent chamber of Yudhisthir where all of them had gathered, was broken into a pit of heartful laughter of the Yadav siblings duo and soon followed by the other four Pandavas.

Only then, Arjun released a long breath when he realized it was a short prank.

He could never think of such as what Subhadra mentioned. They were his cousins, he knew them since his childhood.

He thought maybe Krishna had any prank against Panchali. If that was so, then he was going to warn them to not do as Panchali would never like it.

"Lo-ok...look at you-rr face, Ar-arjun... You have become so red." Subhadra said while laughing hard.

"Now, should we go? Actually I was also wondering where was the famous bride of the five Pandavas. Like it's been three days since we have came and I never saw her." Subhadra stated casually.

"That's because she would not come out of her room during the whole Navratri eve." Nakul mentioned, taking a seat beside Arjun.

"What? But why? Navratri is such a magnificent celebration throughout the entire Aryavart. This time Hastinapur is celebrating it in a more grand way. Every day hundreds of thousands of people are participating in the puja, then why won't Panchali join us? Have you guys asked her the reason?" Subhadra had a lot of questions while none of them noticed Krishna having a known sorrowful smile.

Bheem kept down his bowl of fruits and said, "Krishna already knows it and you are our cousin so I personally think it won't make any difference if you too know."

"About what, Bhrata Bheem?"

"Her not joining the ongoing function may have reasons. That's what Aryan told us, Subhadra." Sahdev said, closing the book he was reading while Yudhisthir who was beside him, focused on their conversation with his eyes still over the parchments.