53 : || To Comprehend Them ||

The soft glow of Moonlight peeped through the windows, and the long white curtains flew with the sync of the soft breeze.

"What?" Panchali questioned Bhanumati in shock. She couldn't believe what she heard.

"Are- are you sure? I mean-" She added.

"Yeah, exactly. And not only me, in fact if you ask anyone in this Palace, you will be getting the same answer." Bhanumati assured her.

Little Arushi played in Panchali's lap, while she sat on the bed with the support of cushions in that same chamber.

And Arushi did everything to gain her aunt's attention, either by making baby sounds or throwing her tiny hands and legs in the air. But still she failed in her mission.

As Panchali was lost in her thoughts trying to think in a straight way, a lot of questions played with the peace of her mind.

What the hell was happening? Why was everything so confusing? Whom should she believe, Bhanumati or her own instincts?

Did they really heal me during this one month? She thought, and shook her head in denial.

"No Bhanumati, you must be wrong. There is something that is surely missing. And if not, why will they even help me when I humiliated them that day?" She asked, reasoning her point of view.

Yes, she remembered how rudely and unethically she spat the words of loathe towards them on her Birthday.

Well, after that she didn't remember anything. But according to Bhanumati, apparently she committed suicide. Now that came as a shock and Panchali concluded that maybe it was the effect of her anxiety medicines and extreme level of grief.

Bhanumati sighed for the umpteenth time, "Panchali, why ain't you believing. It was actually your husbands, who took care of you during these long days."

"In fact, you know what, that night when you were lying in the back garden in your own pool of blood, trust me, I felt as if the sky had broken over my head. But you don't know, how they felt when they saw that horrible vision of your." She continued, but got only silence, as Panchali only looked at her waiting to continue.

"I have seen their faces Panchali. It was as if someone blocked the passage of their breathing for that moment, because they were stuck over the ground not breathing, not moving. Their eyes were still with terror, and it didn't budge away from you. It was as if only you were there, and the world had stopped then." Bhanumati paused for a moment.

Taking Panchali's hand in her own, she squeezed the former's palm in assurance who looked shocked by the revelation.

"Panchali, you know right Nakul and Sahdev are Physicians, have mastered in that course. What you don't know is that Sahdev refused to go near you, fearing he may find out something that he dreaded the most watching your brutal condition." She again paused.

"But Nakul, that all time naughty prankster went ahead, I have noticed how his steps shook with fright. His hands shook, while taking your wrist and examining your pulse. And when he got a faint rate of your pulse, his eyes too glowed with that faint hope to save you." She added, with a distant smile.

However, Panchali gulped a knot that formed in her throat. Everything was too abrupt and new.

"You don't know what their condition turned out when the Royal Physician declared that he couldn't save you." Bhanumati again started, but this time Panchali frowned.

"Couldn't save me?" She asked slowly patting Arushi's stomach, gaining an affirming nod from Bhanumati.

"Yes, your condition was so critical that the Royal Physician lost his hopes of saving you, as you had already lost a lot of blood." She informed.