39 : || Their Firm Resolution ||

"You seem to be lost, Sakhi." An excited chirping voice, flinched Panchali, in the otherwise silent study.

Raising her eyes, she met with the Supreme Lord, grinning mischievously. When did he come?

"As if you don't know, Govind." Panchali stated, shaking her head at his antics, and getting back to her files.

Krishna shrugged, taking a seat on the chair. "How will I know, Sakhi?"

Panchali raised her eyebrows at him, "Is anything kept well hidden from Narayan?"

In reply, she got a divine smile from the Lord of the Universe, which was capable of taking all the miseries of life.

"So, tell me, Sakhi... What happened that made you so lost that you still haven't realized that you're holding that file upside down." Shri Krishna, teased her, making her flustered in embarrassment.

Panchali sighed, keeping the file back on the table, "I don't know. There are lots of things that are bothering me lately."

"Hmm..." Krishna hummed, teasing, "Is it because of the great Pandu-putras?"

She frowned, asking, "Now, who are they?"

"What!? You forgot about Pandu-putras? How can you forget about your own husbands, Sakhi?" Krishna asked in a dramatic way.

"What? When did I say that I forgot my husbands? And why will I even forget them?" She asked, being baffled.

"Sakhi, Pandu-putras are the Pandavas, your five husbands, the sons of lt. Samrat Pandu." Krishna replied, with a mischievous smile.

"By the way, I did hear you say you won't forget your husbands, didn't I?" He added, asking teasingly.

Instead of blushing at the mention of husband like a sweet innocent wife, Panchali glared back at Krishna, who laughed out.

There, Pandavas get flustered into many shades of crimson at her mention, while Panchali remains stoic even at their presence.

"Are you done?" She asked, in a cold voice, glaring at her God-friend.

Krishna pressed his lips tightly, to stop his laughter, and nodded obediently.

"What's bothering you, Sakhi?" Krishna asked, smiling warmly at her.

"Everything Govind. My mind is filled with so many things at this point." Her face resembled how disturbed she felt.

"Every evening I spend time being caged inside my room, jotting down my memories. Every night, whenever I feel like taking some sleep, those nightmares come back haunting me." She spoke, her face showed tiredness.

Tired from the past she thought she left behind, but seemed like it didn't leave her for a moment.

"During these days, the sound of conch shells and bells reminds me of those days where I failed as a daughter." Panchali gulped, her eyes dropped to her joined palms resting over the table.

"I am tired, Govind... I can't take this anymore." She continued.

"Moreover, this year resembles the years back Dashami, that is arriving in four days along with my... Birthday..." Panchali muttered the last part, because she still dreaded that night.

Krishna smiled painfully, hearing his Sakhi's sorrowful confession.

Alas, only if he could do something.

Because even Narayan's hands were tied with an invisible rope of Destiny.

"You got another panic attack two nights ago." Krishna said, divulging the topic, which was successful as he watched Panchali sighing.