2 : || The Atrocious Night ||

"Are you okay ?" Sahdev asked Panchali cautiously after few moments of silence with her being silently sprinkling rose petals on the bed.

She stopped her action when Sahdev asked her if she was okay or not.

She snickered at the question. Just then a laugh slipped out from her lips. Sarcastic one though. Humourless it was.

Sahdev felt a knot in his stomach seeing her laughing, her laugh didn't feel right to him.

He glanced at his brothers to find the same reaction from them. The lady who was against the wedding, was busy decorating the bed and the room herself.

Weird, isn't it ?

A very few minutes later, she controlled herself and kept the bowl on the center table, wiping the tear that left her eyes out of laughter.

She looked at the brothers to find looking back at her with furrowed eyebrows, in seriousness, confusion, suspicion. About her obviously.

"I am okay ?" It came out as a question from her mouth but they were silent in return.

"Prince Sahdev, you were asking me if I am okay or not. What do you think, I am all fine ? Prince Nakul, what do you think ? By my actions ?" Panchali asked with rasied eyebrows looking at Sahdev and Nakul who nodded confusingly

Sahdev again took a look from his brothers. There was something wrong with her that they couldn't pinpoint out.

"Hmm impressive. So, the mighty princes of Hastinapur thinks that I am all okay and fine." Panchali said, nodding her head.

She again continued after a pause with gritted teeths, "Yeah, I am fine, am okay with marrying five men. With practicing polyandry."

They felt a knot forming in their stomach hearing her. This was what they feared, but listening these from her, hurted them.

She was acting all the time, pretending to be a happy bride but her behaviour was not being a happy bride rather, it was a sarcastic one.

"Aisa nahi hai. Tum galat samaj rhi ho. Hum toh-" Yudhisthir was harshly interrupted by his wife.

(It's not like that. You are thinking wrong. We just -)

"Aisa hi hai. Main kuch galat nahi samaj rhi hoon. Galat toh tum logo ne kiya, mere saath. Mere zindagi ko mitti mein mila kar." She said raising her voice.

(It is like that. I not thinking wrong. You all have wronged me. By ruining my life.)

"Panchali, shant ho jao. Hum byat ke baat kar sakte hain na." Arjun really tried to calm the situation before it goes to an extreme level but it seems the destiny has some other reasons.

(Panchali, calm down. We can sit and talk. )

"Shant ho jau ? Kyu shant rahu main. Nhi batao tum mujhe, aaj raat shant hone ki nhi hain, haina ? Aaj toh humare suhag raat hain." Panchali said sarcastically but the disgust was evident in her voice.

(Calm down ? Why should I calm down ? No, you tell me, tonight is not to calm down, right ? Tonight is our wedding night.)

They crouched their eyebrows, getting an indication where the conversation was going.

"Tonight is for moaning, isn't it ? That is the reason you all came here, right ? To pleasure yourselves, to fulfill your needs and desires ? And then tomorrow morning you all will ditch me like a trash, am I not right ?"

Her words were like arrows that pierced through their soul. Not in their entire life, they have thought so low of any woman. And she is Panchali, how could they think.