24 : || Bhanumati's Sudden Delivery ||

The preparations for Navratri had already been started in Hastinapur with lots of enthusiasm.

It's the first Navratri with the two daugter-in-laws of the Royal Family. Especially, the Crown Princess who was adored for her great personality and unparalleled beauty, despite her infamous cold, stone, heartless personality.

The neighbouring kingdoms including Dwarka, North Panchal,South Panchal, Kosala, Dravida, Avanti, Kashi, Anga, Chedi, Magadh, Kunti-Bhoj, Gandhar and Ujjain were cordially invited to Hastinapur.

Only two weeks were left for the grand auspicious Navratri celebration in Hastinapur.

All the corners of Aryavart and the people were left awestruck hearing about the preparations. They just wished to be part of the celebrations.

It was the full moon night, the starting of the auspicious Krishna Paksh, when Bhanumati was walking through the corridor. Two of her maids accompanied her.

Her hands were on her stomach, a little habit she had developed throughout her pregnancy.

While walking towards her chamber, her breathing started to get heavy. Reason being her 9 months pregnancy.

She often wondered the time when her baby would come out. With so many problems, her pregnancy went through.

Swollen feet, mood swings, cravings were on a daily basis in those months for her, which her family endured without any complaints. Especially her husband, Duryodhan.

That man always wondered her like no other. He was infamous in the entire Aryavart about his ruthlessness but never once did he even spoke with her in a loud voice.

He always pampered her like his precious gem and the level of patience he held throughout her pregnancy was something always intrigued her.

Sometimes she used to get frustrated due to her mood swings but every time Duryodhan handled her patiently.

Never once he got furious on her for her tantrums. Rather, he used to spent time with her as far as possible.

Bhanumati started taking long breaths due to her walking. All of a sudden she felt mild ache on her lower back.

She started feeling uneasy. Her heart beated fast. Drops of sweat started forming on her forehead.

"Dasi, I ain't feeling well. Let's move fast." Bhanumati spoke increasing her speed slight more.

"But Rajkumari, you shouldn't walk fast at this point of time." One of the two maids said, increasing their speed too.

In about few minutes, they reached the Kaurava Bhawan and by the time, Bhanumati felt a severe contraction in her lower abdomen.

"Ahh..." Her steps faltered as she felt a strong pain.

The maids and servants worked like a well oiled machine as they took her to her chamber and informed all the Royals about her slipping into labour.

The Royal Mid Wife was immediately summoned to her chamber along with Kunti and Gandhari.

She felt the contractions stronger and closer together over time. Her painful screams could be heard.

Duryodhan wanted to get inside but he wasn't allowed so. With time passing, he started to become more anxious.

He got assurance from his family. Even the Pandavas assured him about the wellbeing of his wife and his soon-to-be child.

Nakul and Sahdev were working with the herbal medicines outside the chamber to reduce the pain of hers.

The nurses were telling the condition of Bhanumati time to time to the sons of Ashwini kumars and they were making the medicines and then passing it to the nurses.