10 : || Pehli Rasoi ||

The food was yet to serve the royals when they sat to have dinner.

"This shouldn't have happened. We indeed made a blunder." Dhritarashtra spoke.

"Yes, and that's why Panchali refused to perform the ritual. Pehli Rasoi was supposed to be performed at today's breakfast. Still we had to delay it for the distributions to the commoners. And now... " Gandhari trailed off.

"I am sorry to intervene, Maharani. But I think we should stop this conversation here." Aryan said, looking at awkward and hurtful expressions of the Pandavas.

"This conversation will never end." Panchali's voice caught attention. They looked at the door to find no one but seconds later, she entered the dining hall, wearing a black frill saree, with a regal attitude that screamed authority.

"Panchu-"

"This conversation will never end, Aryan. Whatever the Kuru Dynasty did with me can never be forgotten." She paused to look at the expression of her husbands which she couldn't read as they were just like her - expressionless.

She could tell that they were just listening to her. Shifting her gaze towards the elders, she spoke further.

"Nevertheless, I think it's time we let bygones be bygones. We cannot go to the past and change the things that happened. So, the least we can do is to accept."

"Thanks to Bhanumati who made me understand. Moreover, we know that change is the only constant thing in life. And, I will try to adopt this new change."

"So... " Panchali trailed off and looked behind at her handmaiden and gave a slight nod to her, who understood and went out to call other maids.

"Bhanumati had made me understand the ritual of Pehli Rasoi. So, I made the food which I can."

Her speech made the royals to smile and look at each other except some of them.

"We are glad to hear that you have started accepting us. I can assure you that slowly and steadily you will start feeling us as your dear ones. " Bhism said smiling that reached till his ears.

"That's great, dear. Forgive me that I couldn't help you. Her Majesty, Prishati, had told me that you cannot cook." Kunti started smiling at her and then a look of regret marred her features.

"Oh, if that's the case, then rest assured. We will slowly teach you everything." Gandhari joined her sister-in-law to assure Panchali.

On the other hand, Shakuni from the day one started noticing Panchali. And now, he noticed her changed behaviour.

Jo vyakti inn logo ko grina karti thi, wo achanak inse prem karne lagi?

(The one who hated these people, suddenly started loving them?)

With his one eye closed, he caressed his beards, in a deep thought we scaned the woman standing.

He tried to read her expression but failed literally.

Duryodhan noticed his uncle's line of vision and understood that he was looking at Panchali.

"Kya vichaar kar rhe hai aap, Mamashree? " Duryodhan asked frowning slightly.

(What are you thinking, uncle?)

"Mere bacche, yeh larki jaisi dikti hai waisi hai nhi." Shakuni replied not removing his gaze from her.

(My lad, this girl is not how she looks.)

"Arthath? " Duryodhan asked not getting his uncle's point.