8 : || Sudden Panic Attack ||

"You can stay with me dear until-" Kunti was interrupted sternly.

"I would prefer to stay in the guest room until my floor is renovated." Panchali declared in a stoic voice that ranged end of discussion.

"But you are the new bride and it won't look good if the new member of a family stays in a guest room. According to our culture and tradition, a bride is considered to be Goddess Lakshmi-" This time Gandhari was interrupted by Panchali sternly.

"I have already voiced out my final decision."

Dusshala brought Panchali to the guest room where Gandhari and Kunti too was present.

"It's okay if Bhabi wants to stay in the guest room then let her be." Dusshala supported her while passing a comforting smile towards her.

"Dusshala, how could we let her stay in the guest room ? She is our family now." Gandhari opposed the idea while Kunti nodded in affirmation to what her sister-in-law said.

"I know mata but Bhabi is not comfortable here. She is new here and we are like strangers to her -"

"Strangers ?" Kunti uttered and took a glance at Panchali who exhaled a breath looking back at her mother-in-law.

Dusshala was fast enough to clear that Kunti and maybe Gandhari too misunderstood,"No Kunti ma, I didn't mean to say like that. Don't take me otherwise. I just meant that she doesn't know us personally, right ? Yeah, she came here and met us during Bhrata Duryodhan's wedding but that was more like a formal and professional meeting that we had because she came here on behalf of Panchal as a representative of her kingdom."

Dusshala again continued seeing the slow understanding faces of her mother and aunt, "So, I think we shouldn't go against Bhabi's decision as she isn't comfortable with us yet."

Both the elderly woman smiled and nodded understanding, when Gandhari walked towards where Panchali sat, on the couch with Kunti's help.

Seeing the elderly women approaching towards her, Panchali stood up in respect. Now, whatever her attitude must be, she would never fail to respect elders.

"I know how it feels as a new bride when she arrives in her new home. The home is filled with so many unknown people." Gandhari started smiling softly at her and a small laugh slipped her lips reminiscing her younger self as a new bride.

"Strangers, as Dusshala said. Come first let's take a seat and then I will tell you a story." Gandhari sat down on the couch and patted the seat beside her for Panchali, who took the seat after a few good seconds.

Kunti too sat on the couch across them, knowing what her sister-in-law is going to tell her.

"I will also listen." Saying so Dusshala immediately took the seat beside Kunti.

Panchali gazed at Gandhari as she was about to start a 'story', which she has no idea about.

But she still kept quite and hoped to listen what the elderly woman would recite.

Gandhari grabbed Panchali's palm softly before starting, "I was only seventeen that time when I got married to Arya."

"Just seventeen ? That's too young." Dusshala commented.

Gandhari giggled, "Yes, I was too young to carry out responsibilities. But still I had to."

"You know Panchali, I would never forget that day when Tatshree Bhism went to Gandhar with a marriage proposal for me."

She paused for a few second reminiscing the day while Panchali gazed at the palms which was in a hold, then at the Queen of Hastinapur.

"I was making rangolees with my friends when my sister-in-law happened to run towards us with that happy smile plastered on her face. Her face told that she was excited to give the news to me."