52 : || Healing Her ||

The light rays of the Sun peeped inside the chamber. The mild morning breeze blew the white long curtains, spreading a calmness inside the chamber.

They stirred in their sleep, as Yudhisthir blinked his eyes open. He immediately hissed softly, as a mild pain shot through his neck.

And the first scene that came to his view was the calm face of an unconscious Panchali. A soft smile made its way to his face, as he got up from the floor.

His actions made his brothers also to break their slumber.

There was a complete silence as none of them spoke a word. Sahdev slowly made his way to the window, and drew the curtain off, from where the soft sun rays were teasing her face.

"I think the bandages should be changed. It has soaked the blood and herbal medicine." Arjun suggested, his voice was too low.

Yes, they knew she was unconscious but still they didn't want to be any discomfort to her.

Nakul and Sahdev took their seats on either of her sides. They slowly took a hold of her arms, and opened the old wrapped up bandages.

And the harsh cuts came to their view. Two on her left hand, and one on her right.

Arjun and Bheem removed their gazes from the signs of her self harm. While Yudhisthir felt a knot forming in his throat, watching the sharpness of the knife that left its territory on both of her arms.

He passed two bowls of water and soft cotton clothes to his twin brothers, while both the latter slowly washed away the dried up blood and the medicinal paste.

The twins re-applied the herbal paste over her wound, and wrapped it up with fresh white cloth.

They worked on her head, as Nakul slowly opened the old bandage and cleaned the wound, while Sahdev applied medicine on her forehead and wrapped fresh cloth.

"Is everything done?" Yudhisthir asked softly.

"No Jyest, we have only applied the medicine. She needs to drink herbal syrup for a better recovery." Nakul mentioned, and looked at Bheem.

"Bhrata Bheem, can you please accompany me to the kitchen? Actually, I need to prepare that." He added.

"Sure." Bheem obliged, moving out with Nakul.

"Let us go and fresh up till they make the syrup." Yudhisthir suggested, as the rest of the three too moved out of the chamber, not before taking a soft glance at her calm unconscious figure.

The water boiled with medicinal herbs, Nakul added ginger and turmeric too.

After boiling it for several minutes, the water turned into a colour of dark brownish, while Bheem placed a colander over a bowl, into which Nakul poured the ingredients.

The fresh liquid syrup was ready, and at last he added honey to make it taste better.

"The medicine is ready but how are we going to feed her? She's not in her senses." Bheem questioned his brothers, after returning back to the chamber.

"Moreover it's time for the Court session. Jyest and all us should be present over there according to the protocols ." Nakul stated, as they sighed.

"Do one thing, Arjun and Nakul stay here. Meanwhile Bheem, Sahdev and I will manage in the Royal Court. I don't think anyone will say anything about your absence." Yudhisthir suggested.

Well his duty called him and he was helpless in that matter.

"Bhrata Arjun, please hold her up. I will feed her this medicine." Nakul stated, as Arjun nodded.