20 : || Efforts To Mend ||

Dusk dawned on a beautiful hue across the sky.

Kunti gazed at her sons gloomily who were still sitting in the same position, when sudden thought crossed her mind.

She got up from her seat and went towards them. Taking a seat on the bench, beside theirs, she was ready to enlighten her sons about her daughter-in-law.

"She is different, Putro. And you all know that better than me."

They looked up to their mother, hearing her words. Indeed they knew that she was a lot more different, along with her different points of view.

"Putri Panchali has the worst point of view regarding men. And I don't blame her because her words shuddered my soul also. I couldn't imagine what women in Kaliyug have to face. That's one of the sole reasons why she has such thoughts." Kunti paused as she cautiously scanned the expressions of her sons.

"Men in Kali Yug are worse than animals. They are sadistic because they love torturing women. Her words clearly expressed that men feel immense pleasure in torturing women. " Kunti spoke and then looked at her sons, who had their eyes cast down.

"Men in Dvāpar Yug are no different." She paused because her five sons raised their eyes at her, being startled.

"But not every man is the same, Putro. I know better that my sons are not like any of those men out there." Her next words visibly made them calm down.

The Pandavas were clear in their own position and they knew about that.

"Putri Panchali is not wrong in her position, neither are you five. What's wrong is the timing. Her thoughts about men are not wrong but if she thinks that every man out there is the same, then that is her wrong thought." She calmly tried to explain them.

"She's your wife, Putro. And I, as your mother, know that your relationship with her is not cordial. She still doesn't accept you all, I know that. I often wondered about the cause but now I guess I somewhat know the reason."

They listened to their mother keenly because they also wanted to know the reason. And obviously as a mother she had to know.

Moreover they tried to keep their complicated relationship away from their mother but it seemed like she knew about it.

And they did no effort to deny the fact.

At that point of time, when they heard Panchali's thoughts about men they were surprised and hurt them.

But not more than what she uttered at last about them, before walking out of the garden. Those words shook their entire world.

"The five people who didn't think even once before destroying my image in the society, are men whom I would never give the control remote of my life. I am an independent woman who can bear all my own responsibilities and not depend on any filth creature called men." She spat the words over their hearts.

"After all, ho toh mard hi na aur mardo ki fitrat hoti hai ki ek stree ko apne pairo ke dhul banene rakne wale."

The words still echoed in their mind like a broken record, shattering their hearts like any other time because of her deeds and words.

They came out of their stupor when Kunti spoke next.

"My suggestion would be, try to change her perspective, Putro. I think she can't trust you all, so gain her trust first."

Kunti smiled at her sons softly. She rose up from her seat, as respect, Pandavas also stood.

She walked two steps ahead while speaking, "There are times when a mother has to become a friend to her children. And just like a friend, I am suggesting you all. Win her trust, then slowly build your relationship with her."