32 : || Her Unusual Approach ||

"I thought I was not needed here anymore, that's why I was going." Arjun himself didn't know why he gave a justification.

The sound of pressing keys on the laptop faltered as Panchali raised her eyes at him.

"And why do you think you are not needed?" She asked in a straight voice.

The question in return was not what Arjun expected as his mouth parted open a little being taken aback.

A question that made his heart weirdly flutter.

Few seconds passed as they looked into each other's eyes without blinking.

Arjun slowly started, "Because I was never needed."

The words just flew out while Panchali for once didn't move her eyes.

Insecurity flashed in his orbs.

Her scrutinizing gaze bore into his soul as something within him didn't let him look anywhere but her.

She bent down the laptop and slowly got up, forwarding her legs to go towards him. Their eye contact still continuing.

Her right fingers traced the glass table as she took steps, her heels creating the only sound.

While, Arjun found her too intimidating. He gulped a lump that formed in his throat with each step she took towards him.

As Panchali stood infront of him, she slowly bent down a little, keeping both of her hands on the handles of the chair he was seated.

Caging him in the process.

Arjun felt his breath quiver as his heart thumped loudly. Beads of sweats formed on his forehead due to the close proximity they were having.

It was the first time Panchali was noticing him that close.

His chocolate brown orbs were so enchanting that one could get lost in that. But she also noticed how those eyes carried nervousness.

Panchali lowered her eyes to his pinkish dry lips which were parted open slightly.

And her that act increased the level of nervousness more in Arjun.

She decreased the distance slowly between their faces while the act made him close his eyes tightly as he felt like he forgot how to breathe.

Their breaths mingled and suddenly Arjun felt her breath on the left side of his face.

A shiver ran down his spine while goosebumps spread over his body. His heart went on beating crazily.

"You never know when you become someone's need. However you should be aware of where and to whom you belong."

Panchali whispered in his ears and turned her eyes at his face. Seconds passed with her looking at his face.

She moved back abruptly, "Drink water before you leave." and forwarded a glass of water towards him.

Her words made him open his eyes only to find her cold emotionless expression before she marched out of the room.

Arjun huffed out a long breath getting up from the chair. He wiped the sweat from his forehead.

His face heated up, leaving a crimson shade.

He grabbed the glass and drank the entire water in one go.

He breathed heavily as his mind replayed whatever happened. He shut his eyes, each and everything rushing back.

You never know when you become someone's need. However you should be aware of where and to whom you belong.