29 : || Fragments of Entangled Relationships ||

The Moon shone brightly in the sky, illuminating its light while Hastinapur glowed in the lights of enthusiast citizens.

Subjects and the guests gathered around a huge open arena inside the palace campus, as the puja went on with full swing.

With hands joined together, people prayed for their wishes and healthy life. They prayed for the safety of themselves and their loved ones.

Conch shells blew while the bells rang, spreading a sense of divinity, as the Mangal Arti started. The Royal Priest waved the huge lamp consisting of 108 diyas, before the deity, the Supreme Goddess, Devi Durga.

"Bhrata, you are not looking fine. Is there any problem?" Subhadra asked Krishna amidst the ongoing Arti, noticing his dull serious expression. That was so not usual for her brother.

"I am fine, Bhadré, but my soul isn't." The Almighty replied with a distant look and a serious voice, which scared Devi Yogmaya, herself.

"Is something going to happen, Bhrata?" Her voice quivered slightly as Krishna glanced at her. His eyes didn't spark like always.

"It always happens what destined to be, where the hands of the Lord too are tied with an invisible rope, Bhadré."

A chill ran down the spine of Subhadra, as she noticed a slight fear in the eyes of the Lord.

Fear of the unknown future.

"Irony, isn't it?" A female voice made the Pandavas frown heavily.

"Let me be clear, it's such a grand celebration going on and the only bride of the Pandavas is not present over here." Kaushali taunted, smirking at them.

"Excuse me?" It irked Bheem hearing the lady's taunt against his wife.

Kaushali was taken aback noticing the harsh tone of Bheem.

Well, she didn't expect any of them to reply back.

"Oh you are excused, Rajkumar. Don't take me wrong, but people are surely gossiping behind." Kaushali said.

"I apologize beforehand if you feel bad, Rajkumari, but I don't know about people gossiping behind but some people do possess enough courage to taunt us regarding our wife. And that won't be suitable for some future references, in case." Yudhisthir opened his mouth sternly, after tolerating the lady enough since the previous day.

The Crown Prince known for his calmness and politeness in the entire Aryavart, shocked Kaushali again.

Her posture felt uncomfortable infront of the heated gaze that the five brothers had on her.

She gulped in anger as she glared back at them, though nervousness within her was known to herself too.

"Forgive her, Yuvraj. Her words came out due to her naivety, please forgive her."

Out of nowhere, Kaushali's mother, the Queen of Kosala, came and dragged her away.

She clenched her teeths in immense anger, "How dare they to demean the Princess of Kaushali?"

"And how dare you to demean Yuvrani Panchali in front of her husbands, Kaushali?" Maharani Mallika retarded back, surprising her.

"Mata-"

"Besides Dwarka, Hastinapur is the strongest kingdom of Aryavart, Kaushali, while Kaushal is nothing to it. And the Pandavas are the five most strong warriors, blessed with divinity and devine weapons. If something goes wrong, they would not think twice to destroy our kingdom." She tried to make Kaushali understand, while the stubborn girl turned her head away, in anger.