30 : || Lesson For Love ||

P.N. :- I have given the description of Mata Brahmacharini but as a Bengali, I am not sure about the story because during the Navratri we worship only Goddess Durga and henceforth I am aware of the story of only Her form.

Please forgive me, if I am wrong and mention the correct story of Mata Brahmacharini in the comment section so I can edit this part and rectify my mistake.

Thank You!!

Another bright evening appeared in the lives of the people bringing the day of Goddess Brahmacharini.

Krishna was requested to recite the story of the second form of Devi Maa.

After all what can give a more blissful feeling than Shree Krishna, the Supreme Lord, Himself telling the story of his sister.

The people sat on the ground facing the divine idol of Devi Maa, while Krishna went and sat beside the materialistic form of his sister, facing the people.

"The second day of Navratri is highly dedicated to another form of Devi Durga, Mata Brahmacharini." He started spreading a sense of silence all around.

"Mata Brahmacharini, the unmarried form of Goddess Parvati. She took birth at Daksha Prajapati's home in this avatar and was a great Sati." He paused before analysing the eager-to-listen faces.

"She governs Lord Mangal, the provider of all fortunes. She walks barefoot, has two hands, and carries Jap Mala in the right hand and Kamandal on the left."

"Goddess Brahmacharini had severe penance to get Lord Shiva as her husband. She spent years on a diet of Bilva leaves, flowers, fruits and leafy vegetables and slept on the floor. She also fasted while staying in open places in scorching summers, harsh winters and stormy rains."

"Days, Months and Years passed receiving no response for Lord Shiv. Later, she stopped eating and continued her penance without food and water."

"Finally, her intense resolve made Lord Shiva break from his own penance."

"While Lord Brahma gave her a blessing, she became Lord Shiva's consort."

Conch shells were blown with the conclusion of the story and the Mangal Arti started.

"Prem mei bhi kitni shakti hai, haina Bhratashree!? Jo swayam Bhagwan Shiv ko bhi Devi Maa ke sache prem mei linn kr diye." Subhadra asked after a long thought.

(Love has so much strength in itself, isn't it Brother!? It even made Lord Shiva, Himself, to bow in front of Devi Maa's love.)

Her lips held a pleasant smile while her eyes caught a quick glance of a certain Prince.

The lips of the Blue Lord broke into a divine smile, before answering his sister, while, the same question too gave an intriguing feeling to the Pandavas standing with them.

"Nhi Bhadré, Prem mei shakti nhi, balki swayam Prem hi shakti hai." Krishna said, as they looked at him.

(No, Bhadré, power or strength doesn't reside in love, rather, Love is itself the entity of strength.)

"Aur woh shakti kisi ko bandh ne mei prayog nhi kiya jata. Prem ki shakti toh swatantra ki aur pratham charan hai." He added.

(And that strength is not used to bind someone. Rather, it is the first step to get freedom.)

"But, Bhratashree, then how can we get the one whom we love?" Subhadra once again asked, glancing at Aryan, who himself too had his ears for Krishna.

"Loving someone doesn't mean you have to get and claim them as your own, Bhadré." Krishna argued.