7: || Miseries Of Life ||

Soon their little moment came to an end when a loud voice reverberated, "What is happening here ?"

Aryan and Dusshala's head turned towards the voice, only to find the new bride standing with a frown.

"Panchu, where were you ?" Aryan asked marching towards her as Dusshala's eyes spotted his actions.

"I was in the east wing garden. But tell me what were you doing here ?" She answered and then again asked him her question.

"I came to find you. I was scared you know, if you do something wrong as you are too hurt." Aryan sounded as he was worried about her but only Panchali knew he mocked her.

She rolled her eyes, when Dusshala asked being genuinely concerned about her new sister-in-law. "Bhabishree, aap swast toh haina ?"

(Sister-in-law, are you okay ?)

Panchali passed a disappointed look towards Aryan who was trying to control his laugh, and assured Dusshala, "I am fine Dusshala. And strike that shree. Call me just Bhabi."

Dusshala blinked her eyes twice being utterly confused, "I will call you bhabi ? But wouldn't that be disrespectful ?"

"No dear. It won't be because I told you to do so." Panchali voice came out with affection.

If anyone else was in her position, then they would have been smiling but there she was Panchali Rathore who really, genuinely didn't know how to smile.

That's what Aryan thought when Panchali spoke in 'not in her usual' voice.

Dusshala smiled brightly, "Okay then, Bhabi it is. You know Bhabi, I liked you from the first day I have seen you. You are so good, so caring, so soft -"

"What ! Good ? Caring ? And you were going to call her soft hearted, right ?" Dusshala nodded in confusion at Aryan's question. "No Princess, you are too naive to understand this complicated matter. Panchu is nowhere near soft. Huh ! I am damn sure you won't find anyone cold like this woman."

Dusshala could just blink in utter confusion. Till what she knew, Panchali was the kind hearted woman who showed the true colour of Jayadrath, whom she had to marry.

The only Princess of Hastinapur always thanked the Princess of Panchal who saved her from being imprisoned in the so called marriage with that lusty king of Sindh.

Her marriage with Sindh-raj Jayadrath was arranged by her eldest brother, Duryodhan. Obviously that would benefit Hastinapur kingdom as Sindh was a prosperous kingdom and her marriage with Jayadrath would secure a lifetime trade relation with Sindh.

She couldn't oppose her eldest brother as her family seemed to be more important to her than her life. Because she was not at all interested in marrying that man who was double her age.

But that was a tradition for all the women of that time, wasn't it ? To remain silent and let the the society play whatever they want with a woman's life.

And only because of Panchali, she could live freely in her home. Free from the shackle called marriage with Jayadrath.

Dusshala's reverie broke when Aryan shook her, touching her upper arm.

"Welcome to this world, Princess Dusshala." Aryan joked as Dusshala became red in embarrassment.

Dusshala turned towards Panchali, who was busy in her mobile, "I always used find an opportunity to talk with you, Bhabi. But couldn't get anytime. There was many time when I tried to send letters to Panchali. To you."

Panchali frowned in the seriousness that laced in Dusshala's words.

She then continued, "From the time in Kalinga, I started admiring you, Bhabi and till the end of my life I will remain grateful to you. Because you are the one who showed us the true colour of Sindh-raj and because of you only I am breathing freely as my wedding was called off with that man."