28 : || Guests For Navratri||

The Sun rose starting a new day with lots of devotion and faith in the nine forms of Goddess Durga.

A week passed with the new born Arushi, and the guest had started arriving in Hastinapur for the grand Navratri Celebration.

The entire city was decorated extravagantly with light lamps and flowers. The females of every household decorated Rangolis in the outer areas of their own houses.

Everyone was joyous and excited for the celebration which was to start on the very next day.

Besides the house decorations, the subjects were also eager to welcome the guests, be it their relatives or the Royal Guests.

Chariots after chariots crossed the remarkably decorated streets of Hastinapur, as the people glanced at them in awe.

"Pranipaat Angraj." Karn was greeted by Pandavas, after being welcomed at the gates.

"Pranipaat Yuvraj. Pranipaat Kumaro." They acknowledged, nodding at him.

"How are you, Mitra? And Congratulations to you for my niece. How's she doing? " Karn hugged Duryodhan and had a hearty laugh.

"I am fine, Mitra. Arushi-"

Before Duryodhan could reply, Bhanumati taunted, "Arya, I don't think Angraj has anything to do with Arushi. It's our honour that he is able to take out his precious time to come to Hastinapur for Navratri."

Karn gazed at Duryodhan sheepishly as the latter surrendered immediately.

No way could he go against his wife.

"Now my sister is calling me Angraj instead of Bhrata? Itna krodh hai apne Bhrata par, priye behen?" Karn asked while Bhanumati turned her eyes away, ignoring.

(So much anger on your brother, dear sister?)

"Krodh uspe kiya jata hai jispe swayam ka adhikar ho. Aur Angraj pe mera koi adikhar nhi."

(Anger can be dumb on those whom we have the right to do so. And I certainly don't possess any right on Angraj.)

Karn again looked at Duryodhan, and had a silent conversation.

Indeed Bhanumati was angry with Angraj.

"Tumhara mujhpe adhikar tha, hai aur sadev rahega, Priye Behen. Tum jitna chaho mujhpe krodh kar sakti ho. Parantu mera anupasthiti ka karan toh prashn kar hi sakti ho."

(You always had rights on me, and will have forever, dear sister. You can get angry at me to an extreme limit also. But ask me the reason behind my absence.)

Bhanumati remained quite as Karn sighed and spilled the reason for his absence, "Pitashree ke swast thik nhi tha. Vaidya Ji ne unhe bistar se utne ko bhi mana kiye hai. Aur Ang mei kuch karya sesh reh gaya tha jiske karan mera Hastinapur par upasthit rehna sambhav nhi tha."

(My father was not well. The doctor suggested a complete bed rest. And some works were left in Ang due to which I couldn't be present in Hastinapur.)

"Adirath Kaka swast toh hai na!?" Bhanumati asked, concern lacing her voice, which made both the best friend duo smile at her warmly.

(Is Adhirath Uncle doing well?)

Karn nodded, "Pitashree swast hai ab... Toh kya mai kshama ka apeksha kar sakta hu?"

(Father is fine... So, now can I expect to be forgiven?)

"Rajkumari Arushi apne Mamashree Karn ke liye pratisha kr rhi hai." Bhanumati finally said, while a bright smile made its path through Karn's face.