41 : || Chasing Her Bygone||

"Some Secrets are better kept hidden... If messed, the cries of agony, grow louder... Louder than ever."

***

The Conch shells blew spreading divinity as once again people gathered for their prayers on the auspicious night, dedicated to Devi Katyayani.

The Mangal Arti commenced as people swayed in devotion as the bells rang simultaneously.

The smell of incense sticks mixed with Sandalwood carried in the air, spreading a peaceful sensation.

"Yadav Shresth Vasudev, I would again request you to tell us the great story of Devi Katyayani." Dhritarastra requested.

"It will be my pleasure, Maharaj. Please take your seat." Krishna obliged, with his divine smile.

The people took their places on the ground, while Krishna sat beside the meterialistic idol of Devi Maa.

"The story dates back to those great wars between the Devtas and Asuras." Krishna started, his smile not leaving his face.

"Once an infamous demon named Mahishasur, the son of demon Rambha, was a half human and half Mahish, performed severe penance to please Brahma Dev, for several years. With his penance that became successful, Mahishasur got a boon that only a woman can kill him."

(Mahish :- Buffalo )

A smile that slightly depicted that Krishna was reminiscing the moment, was evident on his face.

"That was surely out of his arrogance. Because he wanted to be immortal, but Brahma Dev denied it clearly as no one can be immortal. Hence, Mahishasur asked for a wish to die only in the hands of a woman, as according to him no woman was powerful enough to defeat a strong Asur like him."

"Getting the boon, he started his atrocities throughout the world. From killing children, women, old people to destroying the Yajna done by the Rishis, Mahishasur left no stone untouched to commit crimes. He didn't even leave Indralok to wreck havoc, which in the process led Devraj Indra to lose his Throne."

Krishna sighed recalling those million years ago moments.

"With having no option left, the Devtas came to the Trinity for help. After having long debates and conversation on what could be done for defeating the arrogant demon, the Devtas spawned a divine radiance which merged into a blinding illumination that took the form of a divine woman, characterized with angelic beauty. All parts of Her body emerged from the Great Shakti Punj of the Devas."

(Shakti Punj :- Combined energy )

"One by one all the Devas started giving their weapons. Lord Shiv gave His Trident, Lord Maha-Vishnu gave His Sudarshan Chakra, Indra Dev gave his Vajra, Varundev gave Conch, just like this Devtas gave many more weapons like Sword, Bow and Arrow, Sprear, Mace, Lotus."

"However, Rishi Katyayana was an ardent devotee of Devi Adi- Parashakti, and wanted a boon to become the father of Shakti. Hence, Devi took birth as Katyana-suta Katyayani."

(Katyana-suta :- Daughter of the Rishi Katyayana.)

"Growing up to be a beautiful yet determined warrior, Devi Katyayani attracted Mahishasur and ultimately the most awaited war escalated between the two, which went on for ten long days."

"Finally, Devi Katyayani defeated Mahishasur by piercing his chest with Her Trident, hence putting an end to the ghastly atrocious acts of Mahishasur."

"Jai Mata Katyayani ki jai..." With that Krishna concluded the story of Devi Maa, as soon the offerings were distributed among the people.

(All hail Devi Katyayani.)