35 : || Trying To Manipulate ||

"It's done." Nakul said, after wrapping a bandage.

He slowly put down her foot on the bed, being extra careful to not give even a slight pressure.

"Thanks." She thanked him, as he smiled brightly at her.

She was glad that they medicated her wound but as usual her face couldn't express how much of a gratitude she felt towards them.

"And once again thanks to you especially, Yudhisthir." She said, looking dead at her eldest husband.

He shook his head at her, "No no, it's not needed-"

"It is needed... Actually, if it weren't you at the right time, then I don't know what would have happened to me. So, thanks for that."

She though couldn't express through her face, her words made them realise that she felt a lot of thankful towards them.

It was the first time Panchali was having a normal conversation with them.

No frustration, no anger, no irritation showing on her face. They gazed at each other, smiling.

Arjun was right, after all. She just needs some time to adjust.

"I don't know what to say, actually. It was my-" Yudhisthir couldn't complete it.

"Duty? Well then, you carried out your duty pretty well." She stated, focusing on her laptop again.

Yudhisthir just had a tight lipped smile. It wasn't out of his duty, rather his care, concern and worry for her.

But, she doesn't need to know now. He had time for that.

"Are you done with your breakfast?" Arjun asked, breaking the silence.

"Uh- no. Actually, I just had my Coffee." She said, typing something on the laptop.

"Sorry, what?" Nakul asked, frowning at the name.

Panchali raised her eyes to find confusion marring the faces of her five husbands.

"My drink..." She trailed off, not knowing how to make them understand.

"Leave it, you won't understand." She sighed, silently cursing her destiny that threw her to a different dimension.

"Seems like I have to go myself to make something, since Aryan is not here." She stated, closing her laptop.

They looked at each other, frowning, on the mention of Aryan.

Panchali was about to step down from her bed, when Sahdev stopped her, "No no, you can't walk. It will only worsen your wound."

"But, I need to make my breakfast. It's already..." She paused to take a look at the clock, "7 o' clock."

"I will make it." Bheem suggested.

Panchali raised one eyebrow at him, "With excess spices and oil?"

"No thanks, it's better to starve for me than consuming those." She added.

Nakul burst out laughing, "I agree... I agree with you. I have always told Bhrata Bheem to put less oil in the food. I mean, it's not good for my skin and handsome looks."

She looked at him being amused by his antics. It was the first time they were getting so casual and comfortable in front of her.

She took a breath, opening her laptop again, ignoring them.

A little part of her didn't feel it right to make them shut or tell them to go out of her personal space, like she did in the past five months, when they even hardly met.