Creatures of the Night

I ride my motorcycle to where Scott and Stiles are. I was away in South America with Cora for the summer. Unfortunately, I couldn't bare to go back to San Francisco like I planned to do before Allison's death. Too many memories.

I've also been in contact with Ethan. He's still mourning his brother but he's been getting better by the day.

As for Lydia, she's been moving on to bigger and better things. I've been picking on her about her relationship with Parrish. I tell her I notice how he looks at her and how she looks at him. I remind her she said she's over teen boys and Parrish is right up her alley. She just turns red and dismisses the subject, making it all too obvious.

Malia has been worried about passing junior year and being an official senior. She's been worrying that her grades aren't good enough to pass and she'll have to take summer school or take her junior year over again. Stiles, Scott Kira and I don't have to worry about that.

Stiles wants us all to stay together after our senior year. He's been going on and on about 'his vision' for all of us when we graduate.

Scott wants to go to UC Davis so he can become a veterinarian, like Deaton.

I, on the other hand, want to be something different. I want to work at a hospital like my mom and Liam's stepdad. I've always had the interest to help people and that interest grew after I became an Alpha. I want to go to UC Davis with Scott but I've also considered the college in London who has called and emailed me non-stop. They are very desperate to have me at their institute. Almost everyone is telling me to take the offer but I don't want to move away from home again and miss years of my family's life.

While I'm driving down a dark road, I finally see the blue Jeep pulled to the side of the road, the front hood up. I jump off and hug Scott. "Ugh feels good to be back," I say.

I glance at Stiles who's more concerned about his Jeep engine. "How was South America?" he asks.

I take off my leather jacket and toss it in the Jeep's front seat then lean against it. "Great. Cora is a lot of fun to hang around. What did you guys do all summer?" The two exchange looks then look at me with smirks. I hold my hands up in surrender. "I don't want to know anymore."

"Scarlett?"

I turn to see Liam hop out the Jeep with headphones hanging from out his shirt. I smile and jump in his arms. "Liam!"

He buries his face in my neck and holds me tighter than I'm holding him. "You have no idea how bland my summer was without."

"I beg to differ," I hear Stiles say.

I turn from Liam and back to Stiles. "What are you talking about?"

"The last full moon, Liam was running around town naked," Scott explains.

I raise an eyebrow and turn back to Liam. His face is bright red. "Why were you naked?"

"That's what I said," Scott says.

He just shrugs. I laugh and guide him to my motorcycle. I lean against it and have him stand in front of me. Close enough for me to speak in a low voice. "Liam, you could have called me if you were having trouble on the full moon. I would've come back."

He sighs and shakes his head. "I wanted you to have the best summer before your senior year. Besides, I have something else that helps me now."

He holds up his headphones. I take hold of his hand. His claws have left marks in the palm of his hand. "Liam, you're what's important to me. South America could have waited but I'm glad you're learning on your own. I can't hold your hand forever."