Status Asthmaticus

"Scott, I don't know what happened!"

It's the next morning after Scott's whole argument with Stiles in the rain and Scott denying Liam's request to bite Hayden so he can save her. Now, Scott believes I fought against him in the club on my own. In all actuality, the Dread Doctors forced me to. My brother grabs a fist of his hair and sighs. "How am I suppose to believe that? You've been acting so strange since you went missing. I don't know what to believe from you anymore."

"Believe me as your own twin sister!"

"I don't even know if you're that anymore!"

"Hey!" our moms exclaims. "Both of you need to calm down and focus on this girl."

I look down at the dying Hayden. She's been getting worse so we decided to call our mom for help. Liam told us he saw mercury fill Hayden's eyes when the doctors got to her.  "I'm going to try something called chelation therapy. It removes the heavy metals from the blood."

She worries me when she says it could injure her kidneys. "Well, she only had one, to begin with," I mutter.

Hayden winces when the intravenous needle is inserted into her vein. Liam immediately grabs my mom's wrist and yells, "You're hurting her!"

"And you're hurting me," my mom calmly replies.

I flick out my claws. "Liam, do you really want to do that while her twin werewolf teen Alphas are standing in the room?"

He slowly backs off. "Guys, we're here to save a life not kill each other," Theo points out.

"I say we let her die," I say.

"Now you want to end a life?" Scott asks. "Before, you wanted to save Tracy."

"Yes, but Tracy was innocent and died because of Malia's stupidity. This girl, Hayden, is now dating Liam. Since Liam decided to date her, while dating me, I think I have the right to say I want her to die."

"We're saving her," Liam growls.

"We couldn't save Tracy, or Josh, or Cody. Why try anymore with her?"

"Scar, we're saving Hayden."

I put my hands up in surrender. "At the rate she's going, she'll be dead by tonight."

"You've been through a hell of a lot worse," Liam points out. "I'm sure she can too."

"She's not me, Liam! None of you are! There is absolutely nothing out there like me! If there was, I wouldn't have to hide the voices I hear or the things I see because I wouldn't feel so damn different."

"So, you're a chimera?" Scott asks.

"I never said that."

Theo stands to his full height and gets between me and Scott. "Look, guys, we need to focus on saving Hayden and preparing for the moon tonight. We need to stick together."

I grab Theo's wrist and drag him outside, far enough so Scott can't listen in. "What's your prob-" Before he can finish, I strike him across the face. "Hey! What did I do this time?"

"You know exactly what you did. I know you're here for your pack, or whatever, but tearing apart the two of greatest friends I had could have been avoided."

He scoffs with his devilish smile. "Come on, Scarlett. Did you really think your life would be the same once this is all over?"

I cross my arms and shake my head. "No, of course not because this is the nogitsune all over again. I'm being controlled without even knowing and hurting people I love without thinking logically."