Wolf Moon

"Ugh, I'm going to miss you."

I look up at my best friend, Allison Argent. She has long brown hair and beautiful brown eyes. I moved to San Francisco when I was ten, to live with my godmother. My mother was struggling to take care of me and my twin brother so my godmother volunteered to take care of me until my mother got back on her feet.

Ever since I moved here, and started at San Francisco JR/SR High, Allison has been my only best friend. When I was thirteen, my godmother got sick, putting her on her deathbed. Her parents, Victoria and Chris Argent, took me in. They love me like their own.

They are just as sad as their daughter that I'm leaving and I will miss them too. Of course, I'll stay in contact. Now being the end of the summer before my sophomore year, I leave tomorrow so I'm home in time for my first day of school in Beacon Hills on Monday. I smile and sigh. "Look, it's hard for me too. I love it here but it's time for me to go home."

She flops her head down on my lap. "But don't you always say how dreary things are there? Why would you want to go?"

Beacon Hills isn't exactly the sunniest place in the state of California. I just need to go back. I have already begun my first high school year without my brother. I don't want to start another. "I know but...my family needs me. I've been gone for too long."

She groans. Allison knows how stubborn and determined I am. She knows, when I have my mind set on something, I'm stuck there. My day of leaving, I go around and make sure everything I have is packed in boxes and labeled. Chris and one of his buddies help me pack all my luggage and boxes into the back of my car.

A couple months ago, I put together my own money, with the help of Chris and Victoria, I bought myself a black Jeep. Back at home, I have a motorcycle but that wouldn't even help me haul all this in one trip. Allison leaves and comes back with my carry on. Inside is my laptop, my phone, headsets, a brush, a comb and a couple of other things.

We hug one more time and, of course, Allison is already crying. "Allison, I promise I'll come back to visit when I can, I'll always call you, video chat with you and even send you things randomly so you know I'm still thinking about you."

She laughs and nods, wiping her tears. "I know you will. It'll just be so weird without you here."

"It'll be weird not being here for me too."

I jump in the Jeep and wave to her as I drive off. Before I go on to the highway, I put on my headset to call Scott. He picks up after four rings. "Scar?"

"Hey, Scott. On my way to Beacon as we speak."

"That's great! I'm actually over at Stiles and mom is at work so no one is home."

"That's fine. I'll just drop my stuff off at the house and drive to the hospital."

"Alright, be safe."

"Okay, you and Stiles don't do anything illegal until I'm there to bail you out."

He laughs then hangs up and I'm back to silence. I like the silence. It gives me some time to think about things. One thing I do need to think about is this new move. I'm used to Beacon Hills but I'm a different person now. I used to be shy and conservative. Now, I'm more social and outgoing, willing to try new things. I'm sure Beacon Hills is ready for me but am I ready for it? I know things have changed over the one year since I left last summer. Maybe this will be great for me. Maybe it can shape me into someone I need to be for myself and my family.

I have to stop halfway to get gas. As my car is filling, I stop in the mini store and get some snacks. Then, I go inside the side bathroom to freshen up some. For a gas station bathroom, it's pretty nice. I decided I wanted to look more presentable so I put on a floral top and white pants with white sneakers. I continued to wear my glasses when I started high school. They are rectangular and in black frames. I already know Scott is going to tease me about them.