Frenemy

I go to take a late night shower before I go out to search for the kanima with Scott and Stiles. While I'm getting dressed, I can't help but think about Derek and everything else going on. There is tension between me and Isaac because of our fight. Allison had no choice but to tell Lydia everything from werewolves to the hunters to the kanima.

I put on some jeans, a hoodie and knee boots. Me, Scott and Stiles go looking for the kanima and end up at a club called Jungle. "The venom might not work when he's in kanima form but does work when Jackson is in human form," Stiles speculates.

He looks up and, when me and Scott turn around, we see the kanima go through the top of the club. "Why do you think it's here?" Stiles asks.

"To kill someone," Scott replies.

"Ah. That explains the claws, and the fangs, and all that. Good. Makes perfect sense now." We both shoot him a look. "What? Come on. I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense."

I put a hand on his shoulder. "Stiles, you are overreacting."

"Maybe you're under reacting. You know I think yo-"

I smack my hand over his mouth. "Shush." I take a small whiff of the air and catch the scent of Armani cologne. "Danny," I whisper.

We look at the line and there he is in the midst of other guys. "Wait, Danny's its next target," Scott says.

We try to figure out a way to get in without having to go through the bouncer in the front. Stiles does what he does best: try and come up with a plan. "Maybe there's like a window we could climb through... Or some kind of..." While he's talking, I grab the back door knob and break it off then I hand it to him. "Handle that we could rip off with supernatural strength. Why didn't I think of that?" he says with his usual sarcastic tone.

I clench my teeth and follow behind the two inside. I start to notice that every single person inside are guys or drags. Did we just walk into a gay club? "I think I should've stayed outside," I say over the loud music.

"Dude, everyone here's a dude! I think we're in a gay club!" Scott exclaims over the music.

Stiles is already being surrounded by drag queens as hundreds of young men dance to a pumping rhythm. "Man, nothing gets past those keen werewolf senses..." Stiles replies in his sarcastic tone once again.

"Yup, should've stayed outside," I confirm.

I see Danny at the bar and he looks somewhat rejected. I see him look over in the direction of the boy he told me he took to the dance. I decide to walk to the bar slide next to him. "Hi, there."

He looks up, surprised to see me. "What are you doing here?"

"I know when a friend needs me."

He just shakes his head and looks back down. I sigh. I put a hand on his shoulder. "Move on, Danny. If anything, I know heartbreak. Look." I point to a guy that has his eyes on Danny. "You're at a club. So have some fun. What happens when the lights go out and the music turns up, is no ones concern. Not even your own. Just let go."

He nods with a smile. "You're right, thanks."

I nod. He goes off at to the dance floor. The bartender is wiping a glass. "That was mighty nice of you."

I just shrug. "He's a good friend of mine. If I could take away his pain, I would."

Scott and Stiles walk up to the bar. They order two beers. When the bartender sees their IDs, he looks at me. I shake my head slightly. The bartender smiles and suggests Coke instead. A guy across the bar pays for Scott's drink. I can tell Stiles is jealous while Scott enjoys the flattery. I pull him by the shirt and kiss his cheek. "Better, you big baby?"