Smoke and Mirrors

I wake up in a white room. It doesn't have anything special in it. Just a room. I look down and see I'm in it nothing but white. A long, white dress but I'm not wearing any shoes. My hair is straightened, a small split in the middle. 'Hello? Scott?' I look around and see nothing but white. 'Is this heaven?'

'Only if heaven is a boring room that looks like snow everywhere.'

I recognize that voice. I spin around. 'Aiden?'

He smiles. He's dressed in a white shirt, white jeans, and white sneakers. His eyes are light and full of joy. 'Hey, Scarlett.'

'Aiden, what are you doing here? What am I doing here?'

'You were almost killed by a Berserker, trying to save Kira. Now, you're in the hospital, in a coma.'

'But, I thought you said this isn't heaven. What is it?'

He taps his head. 'Your mind.'

I sit down on the empty floor. 'I put my life on the line again. What if I got myself killed? I would just put Scott and my mom in so much pain.'

'Why don't you just do what you told me to do?'

'What?'

He holds out his hand. 'Let go.'

I look up at his glowing face and take his gesture. When I get to my feet, I hold myself and look down. 'When I wake up, what happens now?'

'You continue to do what you're doing. Protecting people you love and care about and be the protector Beacon Hills needs.'

'What about my strength? I still don't have it.'

'You do. You were only evolving, just like Derek. You will come back stronger and more powerful than ever. You'll always be an Alpha, guarantee that. You'll always be a leader. You'll always be Scarlett McCall.'

'What can I do?'

'Right now, Scott needs you more than ever. You rise and you save your brother from himself. Save your friends.'

I nod. 'But, isn't this a once in a lifetime chance to actually talk to you?'

He smiles and walks closer to me. He hands me a silver chain. 'That's something you can hold to remember me, to remember to fight for me. Fight for everyone you love and everyone you care for. Most of all, fight for yourself."

I start to have tears forming in my eyes. He places a hand on my shoulders and everything brightens until I can't see. When my vision is cleared, I'm sitting in a desert. It's dark and brisk. I'm not wearing white anymore. I'm in all black. The chain from Aiden is hanging around my neck. I hold it tight as I stand up and look around. I start to recognize my surroundings. Mexico. I hear distant gunfire. I start running in the direction of the commotion. I see Chris, Braeden, and Parrish shooting at a Berserker and Kate. I run toward Parrish and jump down onto the ground. "Parrish, what the hell is going on!?"

"Scarlett? What are you doing here? I thought you were dead."

"Listen, I would love to discuss the way things work in this town but I need to know what's happening right now."