The Divine Move

I wake up in the hospital. What did the hell happen? Void Scarlett. An IV cord coming from my arm and a cannula in my nose. It's a good thing because I can feel my throat closing up. I try to move but I'm weaker than before. My mom comes into the room with a replacement bag for my IV. She glances at me as she switches out the bag. She pulls up a chair and sits at the side of my bed. I turn my head to her and I see she's been crying. I lift up my hand as much as I can to grab hers. "Scott says you and Stiles are getting worse. He's so worried about you. Scarlett, do what you do best. Fight. I can't lose you. Not again."

I nod my head and close my eyes. One question still stood from an earlier conversation. Who is Derek Hale?

Derek's POV

I use the lighter to aid to Ethan's wound. I snap it close. "You should be fine in a couple hours. Unless, whoever shot you, manages to find you again."

Aiden starts walking toward the door. "Lydia's with Scott. We need to go."

"You're gonna try and convince her to go with you?" I ask.

"I'm gonna try and convince her to run and hide. Like any sane person would do."

"And Danny?" I ask, looking at Ethan, who has taken his place at his brother's side.

"Allison is dead, Stiles is dying and Scarlett lying on her death bed as we speak. What do you think?" he replies.

"I think Danny won't believe you and Lydia will never run and hide."

"Because of Stiles and Scarlett?"

"Because of the McCall twins. You've been trying to find a way into their pack, trying to fight for them, trying to earn their trust. But you've had it wrong the whole time. You don't fight for a leader. You fight for a leader's cause."

"What cause?" Aiden asks.

"McCall twins have always been about one thing: saving their friends. They will do anything and everything to save the people they care about. There's no chance of winning, they keep fighting. When all hope is lost, they find another way. When they're beaten down, they stand up again. You wanna earn a place in their pack, to earn redemption? Find another way to stand and fight."

There was a long pause. "What about Scarlett? She's been beaten and it doesn't look like she's getting up again."

"Scarlett is a fighter. She'll make it."

In the back of my mind, I fear she won't.

Scarlett's POV

I snap awake in the back seat of the Jeep, next to Stiles. I see Lydia in the passenger seat and Scott driving. "Where are we going?" I whisper.

"Scar, you're awake. We're going to the school," Scott replies.

When we get to the school, we all get out. Kira steps out from the other side of the Jeep. I step to the ground. Me and Stiles have to use the rail for support. Scott wraps his arm around my waist and Lydia supports Stiles.

I look at Stiles as we go toward the door. "Scott, wait," Stiles says. "I know what you're all thinking. If it works it might kill me and Scarlett, too."

"But, even if it does, you have to go through with it. Stick with the plan, okay?" I say.

"The plan is to save you two. That's the plan I'm going with."

I hear low growls coming from the bridge. I walk there and see Derek, the twins, some Oni, Void Stiles and Void Scarlett. I speed walk to Derek and wrap my arms around his neck. I pull his head down for a kiss. I feel him start to transform back to normal. He grabs my waist and holds me closer. I pull back and look into his eyes. "How sweet. You two were the greatest couple," Void Stiles says.